Talk

Advanced search

To not go out with MIL on wednesday, because i really don't want to?

(6 Posts)
PrammyMammy Mon 24-Aug-09 19:48:50

She called today to ask if we wanted to walk the grounds of a house near by where i live. She wanted to go tomorrow, but i have an anti natal class 2-4.
So she suggested Wednesday when dp is at work - dp just told her that she would be better asking me though - she hasn't yet.
MIL has never been fond of me, and has shown it. But i think with our 2nd DC being due in 3 weeks she is trying to make an effort. Which is lovely, but she has been so bloody horrible the past 4 years that i feel nervy just being in the same room as her, never mind a trip around the Dunmore Pineapple grounds (probably in the rain) at 37+ weeks pg with a cheeky 21mo running riot.

So aibu to not go? She is making an effort (unless she is taking me there to kill me??)

curiositykilled Mon 24-Aug-09 19:51:36

yeah, suck it up and go. YANBU to be daunted but you should give her the chance.

MIAonline Mon 24-Aug-09 19:52:30

You would not be unreasonable for not going, but I think you should go. If she is trying, then take her up on it. It will better for you all in the long run if you can build a better relationship with her.

cruellapoppins Mon 24-Aug-09 19:52:48

YANBU. Just tell her you're knackered and ask if she would take the wee one with her while you have a rest ... grin

allaboutme Mon 24-Aug-09 20:05:47

If you appreciate the gesture but arent looking forward to what she has suggested then why dont you meet half way?
Say 'I'd love to see you but really cant face all that walking at the moment and with chasing after DC. Would you mind doing something else instead?' and offer up a suggestion of something that doesnt make you feel so stressed....

PrammyMammy Mon 24-Aug-09 20:14:58

Allaboutme. that is a good idea, costa doesn't sound nearly as bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now