Talk

Advanced search

to be secretly miffed at mil because she said this...

(9 Posts)
sunburntats Mon 24-Aug-09 19:13:44

They are not in the least bit interested in ds their only gc.

Thats not it though, thats kinda accepted.

we invited them for Sunday lunch yesterday.
She said " we might take gs out one afternoon next week because we havent had him this summer and we usually do dont we".

Wanted to say "when exsactly???" because they honstly never ever have him ever.

They said the same a few weeks back and guess what......it never happened. Luckily she didnt say it in front of ds or he would have been excited and gone on and on and on to be let down.sad

did well to bite my tongue did i not??

famishedass Mon 24-Aug-09 19:17:56

You did do well to bite your tongue - next time just be upfront and honest and when she says "we usually have him in the summer" just say "actually, MIL, you've never had him in the summmer".

cjones2979 Mon 24-Aug-09 19:26:23

It's reassuring to know I'm not the only one who's MIL is not interested in her GC !!!

shatteredmumsrus Mon 24-Aug-09 19:27:59

My ds has a nan and grandad 2 minutes away and he doesnt even know his gdad. Makes me sick, I vow to be a wonderful nanny!

Dogshitsonthedailymail Mon 24-Aug-09 19:30:45

Message withdrawn

Overmydeadbody Mon 24-Aug-09 19:32:05

I think next time, you just need to politely and in an unthreatening way say something, maybe she is interested, and likes the thought of taking her gs out, but is actually terrified of actually doing it?

Maybre she lacks confidence around small children.

Maybe she is just sayign what she thinks you want to hear.

But no harm in talking to her about it surely?

sunburntats Mon 24-Aug-09 19:36:08

he is 6!
They only ever come here if there is something wrong with their car (DH is a mechanic)

I actually wanted to scream at the pair of them sat there eating my dhs lurvly sunday lunch......"why dont you take him to the park for half an hour one day?????"

But no, said nowt.

shatteredmumsrus Mon 24-Aug-09 19:37:04

and you are a better person for it!

sunburntats Mon 24-Aug-09 19:37:41

I have always waited for them to offer.

some months ago, i said to them,,,if you want to take him out at all over the summer, just let us know and we will sort something.

N O T H I N G

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now