Talk

Advanced search

To want to have a temper tantrum and / or dissolve into tears.

(16 Posts)
dilemma456 Mon 24-Aug-09 09:48:42

Message withdrawn

TheApprentice Mon 24-Aug-09 09:50:14

Oh poor you. Have a virtual hug. xx

SerendipitousHarlot Mon 24-Aug-09 10:01:52

Could you not just take the dc and he can catch you up? I would be having very strong words with my dh if he had done this, let alone if he's done it before hmm

Is it really only him that can deal with it, and can it not wait for a few days? Selfishness of the highest order I'm afraid.

dilemma456 Mon 24-Aug-09 10:06:58

Message withdrawn

kando Mon 24-Aug-09 10:10:51

Oh dilemma, YANBU. I shall also stamp my foot on your behalf. Hope the work thing gets sorted out quickly and you will be on your way to your holiday soon. xx

pjmama Mon 24-Aug-09 10:16:00

It's unfortunately one of the drawbacks of owning your own business, I'm afraid! Bloody annoying when it happens and the timing is always lousy!

Was it a totally unforseeable crisis, or something that could have been avoided if DH had planned it better? If it's the latter, you might want to talk to him about whether he can perhaps organise the workload better around holiday times to avoid it happening again?

I really feel for you, you must be so disappointed! Fingers crossed he deals with it quickly so you can enjoy the rest of your holiday X

ohjustgrowup Mon 24-Aug-09 10:18:51

You poor thing. I would definitely be throwing a major crying strop by now..feel free to vent.

It's horrible to look forward to something so much and then have it spoiled like this. I am sure you will go and have a lovely time if a bit later, but if you're like me, you will have to have a bit of a rage first and then start to look on the bright side..

I hope he comes back quickly and you can get on your way soon.

dilemma456 Mon 24-Aug-09 10:40:42

Message withdrawn

ohjustgrowup Mon 24-Aug-09 10:49:02

oh no! Dilemma, I feel really bad for you. Can it really take days? I obviously have no idea what your dh does, but can anything really be that important or urgent?

Stupid question, because obviously it is that urgent and important or he wouldn't be letting you down like this...again.

Get to the docs for some antibiotics before you go, though - oozing ears on a holiday doesn't sound fun to me.

I'm so sorry this is happening to you sad

Mummywhereisyourwillie Mon 24-Aug-09 10:50:22

Are you insured? If your ears are oozing I'd be temped to right of the holiday and go again when he is free and you are better.

How miserable for you.

elmofan Mon 24-Aug-09 10:51:57

ah dilemma456 [hug] seeing as your holiday has to be delayed anyway would you not try make a doctors appointment & get an antibiotic for your ear infection today , that way by the time dh is able to go away you will feel much better , earache can be soooo painful ,
oh & YANBU [SAD]

dilemma456 Mon 24-Aug-09 11:24:16

Message withdrawn

elmofan Mon 24-Aug-09 11:30:42

great dilemma456 smile good luck at the doctors & hope you all have a fab holiday ,

Mummywhereisyourwillie Mon 24-Aug-09 17:43:12

Well done.

blush at my earlier spelling suggesting you 'right of' your holiday blush. I did have a brain once!

dilemma456 Fri 28-Aug-09 15:59:03

Message withdrawn

FairLadyRantALot Fri 28-Aug-09 16:02:31

Glad the holiday was nice in the end...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now