Talk

Advanced search

divorce

(7 Posts)
Buzz62 Mon 24-Aug-09 00:05:08

AIBU to get so unhappy when my 15yr old DD tells me she wants to live with her Dad? He would run a mile, by the way.

hambler Mon 24-Aug-09 00:05:48

of course you are not!

skybright Mon 24-Aug-09 00:18:29

No,i would be very upset...the grass is not always greener,i'm sure she would find out very quickly.

Buzz62 Mon 24-Aug-09 12:13:15

Any advice on how to deal with this? I let her know that it's her choice but that I would be sad if she went. Any other suggestions?

GypsyMoth Mon 24-Aug-09 12:17:21

if my 15 year old said that i'd be upset too!!

so why does she want to go? she maybe thinks his rules will not be as hard to live with? has there been a problem with something?

ohjustgrowup Mon 24-Aug-09 12:18:23

When and how did she tell you this? Was it calmly thought through, or in the middle of an argument? either way YANBU.

Buzz62 Mon 24-Aug-09 12:38:15

Why does she want to go? Well, she does say it during arguments but also says it when calm, partly to hurt me. Dad is the cool one, has a 28 year old girlfriend, Sky TV. She remembers when he was here that he paid very little attention to them and avoided playing with them. Now that their tastes coincide with his, he gets on well with them both, which I know I should be grateful for but it still pisses me off. Oh I'm just horribly jealous, I know! She wants to go to his for Christmas which is secretly killing me - he never even managed to lift his head off the pillow to watch them open their stockings. Wish I could just let this go - I know I should move on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now