Talk

Advanced search

to be disgusted that my 16 yr old ds has had to have hiv tests and hep b,c,d vaccs because of some drug crazed neighbour?

(28 Posts)
nickschick Sun 23-Aug-09 22:06:19

long story cut short.

Ds1 who is just 16 was on pitch playing with ds3 aged 8 and his little friends whilst waiting for his friends to arrive.

Drug crazed neighbour comes out and starts harassing all the kids - goes to attack a little girl, ds1 steps in her way and she hit him scratched him and kicked him sad she was arrested and will be charged but meanwhile ds1 has now had to have these vaccs and the blood tests for the next year.

mathanxiety Sun 23-Aug-09 22:09:09

Just be thankful the tests and treatments are available. You have a great DS.

Tortington Sun 23-Aug-09 22:09:22

gosh that's really terrible.

DamonBradleylovesPippi Sun 23-Aug-09 22:09:53

shocksad don't know what to say...

how is he? I cannot imagine how upset you must be. Very brave of him to step in though.

So how often would he have to have these tests done?

seeker Sun 23-Aug-09 22:10:22

How awful! But how seriously fab of him to protect the littles.

Does he reall need all that for a scratch??

nickschick Sun 23-Aug-09 22:10:43

Im absolutely gutted for him,the policeman said he showed great maturity for not hurting her.

nickschick Sun 23-Aug-09 22:11:38

She was full of blood and spitting all over him.....he has to have another vaccs in a month then 1 in 6 months and the hiv testing for a year.

ClaireDeLoon Sun 23-Aug-09 22:11:55

I hope he's OK - he was very brave though, well done him.

letsgostrawberrypicking Sun 23-Aug-09 22:12:34

Poor ds and the other kids having to watch that woman! Why did she want to attack a little girl? shock

Well done your ds - what a brave thing to do. How is he?

nickschick Sun 23-Aug-09 22:12:49

He is so scared of needles too.

StayFrostysOtherSister Sun 23-Aug-09 22:14:54

How awful sad What a great lad your ds is, you must be really proud of him. But so sorry he has to go through all that.

mamas12 Sun 23-Aug-09 23:25:06

What a wonderful ds you have well done you
Can you get him onto a teen support group or something. I am impressed.

MrsGladpuss Sun 23-Aug-09 23:32:13

He is a hero.

The tests are a precaution. Chances are they will all come back negative although I know you'll still worry until the final all clear.

Wishing you all the best

frakkinpannikinAGRIPPA Sun 23-Aug-09 23:37:37

Oh how horrible for your DS. He was incredibly brave and I hope everything goes well with the vaccines. I don't particularly like needles so I have lots of sympathy for him.

Are they giving him PEP in case for HIV?

StayFrostysOtherSister Sun 23-Aug-09 23:40:19

>>Chances are they will all come back negative

Yes. I had to have similar after an attack sad I was told by the doctor I initially saw that it is very very rare that anything of that kind is passed on in this sort of brief one off contact. Of course, it doesn't stop you from worrying while it is hanging over you, but the chances of lasting harm are miniscule.

sunnydelight Mon 24-Aug-09 04:11:09

What a fantastic son you have, it reinforces my firm belief that most teenage boys are lovely, decent human beings.

ben5 Mon 24-Aug-09 04:21:32

what a lovely ds you have. hope all test go well and in your favour. i think he should be given a big mumsnet hug and you for that matter!!

gagamama Mon 24-Aug-09 08:57:17

YANBU, but what a wonderful, brave, responsible DS you have! How horrendous for him to have this hanging over him for the next year though. Hope the mad old bat gets locked up.

katiestar Mon 24-Aug-09 14:50:37

What a brave young man he is. You must be really proud.very sorry he has to have these vaccs but please try not to worry.the chances of him being infected are miniscule.

minouminou Mon 24-Aug-09 16:16:19

Good for him, and ditto what others have said re tests and infection.
You should be very proud of him indeed - I hope my DS turns out like that.

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Mon 24-Aug-09 16:19:28

Poor ds, and what a nightmare for you as well.

But I would be so, so proud if my ds did that (when he's older, obviously) - you've obviously done a marvellous job bringing him up. smile

nickschick Mon 24-Aug-09 16:46:19

Thankyou all - I feel much better about things now smile.

She just came out of her house all drugged up abusing everyone then she turned on this 1 little girl and thats when my ds stepped in.

nickschick Mon 24-Aug-09 16:47:19

fRAKKIN-What is PEP?

oldraver Mon 24-Aug-09 17:32:55

How come he has to have HIV for a year ? I thought two tests a few months apart were what was required or has this changed now

shock for your brave DS

PeedOffWithNits Mon 24-Aug-09 17:33:58

NICKSCHICK

what a great son you have

see here about PEP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now