Talk

Advanced search

to really, really dislike this person now

(9 Posts)
LollipopViolet Sat 22-Aug-09 21:36:27

And I can't begin to say on here what I'd like to do to him.

Basically, posted on here before about a mate I've been having a few ups and downs with. Well for the most part that's sorted, so we head off to the pub for a drink and she tells me that while out with her other mates, the one guy in the group, who had been drinking beforehand, took a joke too literally, followed my mate out of her car when she went to get some air and space from him, and proceeded to strangle her, hit her across the face and verbally abuse her. LUCKILY, her other friends heard her panicked screams and he backed off when they turned up. She then refused to let him have a lift home and he's thrown bricks at her windscreen, luckily only chipping it.

He's been known to do this kind of thing whilst sober too. Until tonight I thought he was an OK lad but he's just lost all respect with me and quite frankly I want to hit him. Me, him and my mate are all 19/20, her other mates are all 15/16.

My previous threads about how I'm worried they'll change my mate are unfounded, to come to her aid like that, I'm glad she's got them as friends and I'm going to make a big effort to get to know them .

Meglet Sat 22-Aug-09 21:39:51

I hope he's been reported to the police angry.

HerBeatitude Sat 22-Aug-09 21:40:21

Did nobody call the police?

LollipopViolet Sat 22-Aug-09 21:42:33

Unfortunately not, which is irritating me slightly because my mate doesn't want to! I can understand, sort of (fear of repercussions with him, stress, hassle) but I really think she should, so do her parents. Hopefully someone will help her see that's the only way he'll learn. I wish I'd been there to witness it, or I would call myself. But because I've only got her story, I can't do anything .

Meglet Sat 22-Aug-09 21:43:53

The repercussions are going to be a hell of a lot worse if he's allowed to get away with it, he's done it before. Where will it all end?......

LollipopViolet Sat 22-Aug-09 21:55:09

I know, that's what's making it quite hard. I wish she understood. But I've built up this mental image in my head and I shudder to think what could have happened if her mates weren't there, they were a fair way into the country (not a deserted place mind, but not somewhere next to the high street). I'm very protective of my friends and family so I am personally livid.

vixma Sat 22-Aug-09 22:09:30

Do you reckon she will get the fact he is out of order or not? I am thinking about the fact you have a friend who is possibly thinking about forgiving him, however you are thinking you may want to smack him one, and I don't blame you as your friend has been hurt. If your friend is going to forgive this behaviour, then there is nothing you can do as it is out of your control! Its more how you have to learn to tolerate the fact that this freek has done this to your friend and then tloerate your friend accepting this behaviour as if it is ok. Just scream in a bag very loudly, and accept the fact you would not allow this behaviour to happen to you, thank heavens she has such an awesome freind in you!

LollipopViolet Sat 22-Aug-09 22:16:13

She's an awesome person! She knows karate so normally she would've dealt with him in much the same way I want to, but the shock that it happened (she thought, being one of his closest friends, that she'd be the last person he'd go after), and just panicked. She'll be OK, she's a tough person, but oooooh *screams into pillow* he's an idiot.

Nighbynight Sat 22-Aug-09 22:28:40

Report it to the police, and call them at the scene next time he does something like that. This guy needs some boundaries. One day he'll get married, what sort of life will his wife have?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now