Talk

Advanced search

to want to sell something

(2 Posts)
tommynose Fri 21-Aug-09 12:21:15

what dh has told his parents they can have if they want.

We have a pressure washer which is new and not needed so I wanted to sell it and raise a bit of cash as we are trying to get the house sorted. I'm a SAHM so every little helps. He didn't tell me he was going to ask his parents if they wanted it.

Anyway a few months ago MIL asked if we needed any help with anything and dh told her she could paint the stairs for us if she wanted to. It was very good of her, and we gave her a bit of cash however I had to go out that day to take ds to the drs and I left my best pair of boots at the top of the stairs (my fault I know) but she didn't move them and came back to find them covered in paint. Should have said something but I didn't.

Then while we were away a few weeks ago she asked again if we wanted anything doing while we were away. I said "no its ok". She said I'll mow the lawn for you. DH said it didn't matter but she did it anyway (after some heavy rain) and broke the lawn mower. We had the mower fixed which cost us more than expected. This is the reason I wanted to sell the washer because it would help towards some new boots and would help cover the cost of the mower. AIBU.

YANBU although I think your MIL is just trying to help out - maybe you should ask her do to some thing specific, which she won't fluff up.

And talk to your DP - I know she has trashed your boots, but they are only boots, keep calm or the relationship with IL's will be ruined by it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now