Talk

Advanced search

To want get my dh's full attention once in a while....

(4 Posts)
YummyorSlummy Fri 21-Aug-09 00:39:44

Basically my dh is on a detachment with the forces for 4 months and the only daily contact we have is a quick phone call which for him is in the middle of a corridor (so cant talk properly really) and half an hour internet access. The thing is, he goes on there and talks to his mates on msn aswell and I never feel like I have his full attention. Is it so wrong to want that when he's thousands of miles away? He says that i'm being controlling and that he misses his mates.I think I should be his main focus seeing as we have to be apart for months on end!

rasputin Fri 21-Aug-09 00:48:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

2rebecca Fri 21-Aug-09 01:15:13

Half an hour a day is quite a long time to be just talking to 1 other person on line though. I'm not a great phoner though but if I had to "chat" or phone anyone for half an hour a day would run out of things to say. Face to face it's easy but I'm not surprised he also chats to mates on msn. Don't your conversations get a bit samey and circular after a while?
I've never understood people who have long phone or msn conversations with people every day. I start to feel like a prisoner if I'm on the phone for longer than 10 minutes.

YummyorSlummy Fri 21-Aug-09 11:07:18

I know what u mean 2rebecca and under any normal circumstances I woulnd't be expecting to talk to him exclusively for that long. The thing is I don't feel like I ever run out of things to say to him because I can't see him. Its the only time I get to talk to him about how our ds is doing,what Iv been up 2, what he's been up 2- basically normal things that we'd talk about at home on an evening. And because I cant see him for 4 months its the little bit of comfort that helps me through it- so I wish he'd seem like he wants to talk to me aswell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now