Talk

Advanced search

To try to guess which thread is going to make the Daily Mail next week?

(39 Posts)
beanieb Thu 20-Aug-09 23:16:14

this one?

or

this one? grin

brimfull Thu 20-Aug-09 23:17:19

no I reckon the cleaner drinking tea one

paisleyleaf Thu 20-Aug-09 23:21:53

I'm playing guess the thread too.
It's a shame really as I think it has made people think twice about starting threads

beanieb Thu 20-Aug-09 23:28:35

we should have some kind of competition, guess the one which makes it and win a mumsnet Tee-shirt?

TheLadyEvenstar Thu 20-Aug-09 23:35:40

I missed the DM thing what the hell happened???

lowrib Thu 20-Aug-09 23:45:55

this one

grin

landrover Fri 21-Aug-09 10:11:25

i think its appalling that mumsnet are allowing them to do this, it is one thing to post on a site that generally only mums use and small compared to some, but quite another to print in a national newspaper , also your site name could be a name that your friends know in a general sense as a nickname, yes vyou can change it but it might be too late now the dm may have already used it.
I am really suprised that mumsnet hasnt told them at least not to use the real nicknames!

ErikaMaye Fri 21-Aug-09 10:57:10

I second the cleaner with a cuppa one!! grin

<really hopes its not the sheep shagging one as she was in a very very silly mood that day...>

midnightexpress Fri 21-Aug-09 10:58:58

Perhaps we sould start some 'honey trap' threads.

beanieb Fri 21-Aug-09 11:01:12

"I am really suprised that mumsnet hasnt told them at least not to use the real nicknames! "

As far as I am aware Mumsnet have now suggested they do this and the journalist has agreed.

midnightexpress Fri 21-Aug-09 11:02:03

Yes, this week's clumn used fake names (but so lazily changed that it was easy to see who was who).

ErikaMaye Fri 21-Aug-09 11:04:18

<strokes beard whilst considering honey trap thread suggestion>

screamingabdab Fri 21-Aug-09 11:07:54

oh, the honey trap is the one mentioned above by lowrib.

However some MNetters were taken in too

ErikaMaye Fri 21-Aug-09 11:09:16

It is a bit sad that some people are now recluctant to post - and have left - in case they are quoted

WidowWadman Fri 21-Aug-09 11:24:32

What about the one about allowing your partner to go for a drink for a couple of hours once a week?

beanieb Sat 22-Aug-09 16:55:25

I can't help thinking maybe this one

or

this one

but maybe I am being suspicious and paranoid?

Dammit I hate the fact that I am now on alert for what might be suspicious threads.

victoriascrumptious Sat 22-Aug-09 17:26:49

Thread starters GUARANTEED to get into the DM or your money back!.

1. Did I damage my children irreversibly by getting a job?.
2. Nurseries in cancer link
3. AIBU to think that 90% of murdered children are murdered by feminists?
4. Feminism causes cancer.
5. Knife crime linked to working mothers.
6. Studies show black people are 90% more likely to stab you in the cancer gene
7. My neighbour is an immigrant AIBU to think they will steal my baby and sell her to the gypsies?
8. Should I trust a gay with my children?.
9. Studies show single mothers 90% fatter than normal women.
10.AIBU to think that Islamic fundamentalists recruit single mothers into knife crime and therefore put us all at risk of the rising peadophile cancer threat?

caramelwaffle Sat 22-Aug-09 20:37:27

11.AIBU to think that as I have just bought a niaaace house in the country (to escape rabid, single working mothers, and others) no-one should not be allowed to do the same unless they are Just Like Me?

victoriascrumptious Sat 22-Aug-09 20:50:05

12. AIBU to think that our Armed Forces should get priority over everyone else especially immigrants

caramelwaffle Sat 22-Aug-09 21:02:01

13.WWYD - my husband insists that I am causing him, the children and the next door neighbour's gypsy-immigrant-cross-breed-dog to have cancer because I have asked him to make the dinner each night whilst I work full-time (him part-time). What would you do?

ridingjoker Sat 22-Aug-09 21:07:55

14... the zombie one

HerBeatitude Sat 22-Aug-09 21:16:03

I reckon the health professionals calling me mum one.

It's a humdinger. grin

caramelwaffle Sat 22-Aug-09 21:21:34

15.Wheelie bins - suitable alternative housing for Britain's feckless fools. The Daily Mail poll - you decide!

caramelwaffle Sat 22-Aug-09 21:23:39

16. Wheelie bins - cause cancer.

scottishmummy Sat 22-Aug-09 21:26:10

for folk who snorted and threatened resignation y'all seem might interested in its content and rubberneckin what dm say

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now