Talk

Advanced search

To think DH could pick up a damn phone and let me know he's safe.

(14 Posts)
ThePregnantPhantomPlopper Thu 20-Aug-09 18:32:47

I'm starting to get irrationally irate!

He flew out on Monday and I've not heard a bloody thing from him. Communications in Iraq/surrounding areas are stable and even if he can't phone, he has internet access on the base. His phone either rings out or goes to voicemail.

I'm on a forum with a few of the other lad's wives and they've all heard from their DH's via phone, text, skpe and facebook EVERY SINGLE FECKING DAY.

More of a rant than anything.

JRocks Thu 20-Aug-09 18:35:01

YANBU, I'd be cross too smile

Scorps Thu 20-Aug-09 18:36:33

YANBU

That's men for you, horrid and selfish.

HolyGuacamole Thu 20-Aug-09 18:36:50

Sit tight, the best things come to those who wait and i am sure he will have a sound reason as to why he hasn't been in touch yet. Easy to say I know.

Best wishes to you.

edam Thu 20-Aug-09 18:37:08

Can you get one of the other wives to send a message via their husband? Might embarrass dh into sorting his act out!

ThePregnantPhantomPlopper Thu 20-Aug-09 18:40:16

I'm tempted to hack into his Facebook and message one of his friends he's out there with.

edam Thu 20-Aug-09 18:44:53

I would! Especially as you are p/g (assume from the name).

skihorse Thu 20-Aug-09 18:48:21

If he's on a marginally different op it may be that he's somewhere where the antenna's (mobile) have been jammed.

ThePregnantPhantomPlopper Thu 20-Aug-09 18:48:50

What a bloody insensitive arsehole. His son keeps asking to speak to him. angry.

gypsymoon Thu 20-Aug-09 18:49:26

YANBU!! I get cross if DH goes out for a beer and doesn't answer his phone if I call or reply to a text - and usually he's just down the road...not flipping IRAQ!!

Honestly, if he's anything like my DH he may just not have a bloody clue that I might be a wee bit concerned/miffed about lack of communication.

Sure there's a simple reason - just let him have it when he does call! grin

ThePregnantPhantomPlopper Thu 20-Aug-09 18:51:22

He's on ship/shore establishment, the rest of the lads have phoned home, they all have signal and are all updating FB.

ThePregnantPhantomPlopper Thu 20-Aug-09 18:53:15

If he doesn't get in contact soon, I'm going to ignore him for the remainder of the 7 month deployment [hormonal and irrational]

SpawnChorus Thu 20-Aug-09 18:54:12

Crikey. I'd be REALLY pissed off. It's especially annoying when you can't feel pure undiluted anger as there's that niggling element of worry.

And there's also probably an irritatingly valid reason for his lack of communication.

[also pg and easily narked emoticon]

ThePregnantPhantomPlopper Thu 20-Aug-09 19:01:40

That's it, I keep going from "I'm going to kill him" to "I wonder if he's been kidnapped" <over active imagination>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now