Talk

Advanced search

to think that CTC are a bunch of idiots and should be lined up and shot!

(15 Posts)

CTC say they over paid me 2 years ago, and at that time they were paying about £60 a week. Now they are paying £10 a week, and have stoppped ALL payments to cover overpayment angry I asked them to look at this again at end of June as we are really struggling because mainly the money got out of control when dh got sick I called and they havent had an update since i called in june, but there is no timescales on which they have to decide by, there is no phone number that i can call and i can only got update if its on the comp system! shock They have stoppepd paying me before they decide.

I know to them its only £10 a week, but really does make a difference.
Its also my word against theirs on overpayment because according to them I rang to say i had had DD2 but didnt tell them dd1 had left nursery even though its the same month (sept), I mean bugger me how stupid would i be.!

surely someone things IBU? shocked no one has a comment on a aibu thread grin

gingernutlover Thu 20-Aug-09 14:34:16

nope the system is crap

we got overpaid for about 3 years (even though i told them i thought it was wrong) so they stopped payments to pay back the over payment and then we went over the upper wage limit by about £10 a year and they want the entire lot back within the next year

I dont mind paying it back, but ti's their mistake and i think it is unfair to over pay someone by ALOT over the course of 3 years but then insist they pay it back in 1 year!

and i get rude crappy letters from their "debtors department" which makes me feel like Mrs Scum of the Earth sad threatening me with things that will happen should I miss a payment (which i never have yet!?!?!!)

Total waste of space and waste of my tax money IMO

YANBU grin

gingernutlover Thu 20-Aug-09 14:36:10

I wish I could give you some advice but I feel like they are a law unto themselves and anyone you speak to on a phone will be totally powerless to do anything useful (in my experince)

hopefully someone has some more useful advice for you

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Thu 20-Aug-09 14:41:24

YANBU
my friend got a massive overpayment but can't challenge it because it was from several years ago (took them that long to realise) and she needs the exact date she claimed to get any info on it. Sh can't remember what their estimated earnings were that year to check. Thankfully (?) her DD now has ASD dx so they are just taking the extra she gets for that off them, so she's no worse off.

Clowns.

I think its just been a pita since the start, and i cant believe i cant talk to someone in the dept that are deciding this

Mollymom Thu 20-Aug-09 14:54:20

Get your MP involved-it may be the only thing that will help.

LOL @ MP, I dont even know who mine is blush

2rebecca Thu 20-Aug-09 15:04:08

I was wondering what the Cycle Touring Club had done wrong. Initials mean different things to different people I guess.

Stigaloid Thu 20-Aug-09 15:19:47

What or who are CTC?

gingernutlover Thu 20-Aug-09 15:24:14

child tax credits (or completely twatty corporation as known round here)

YorkshireRose Thu 20-Aug-09 15:53:01

"You can find out who your MP is here"

Send them a letter or phone their office to find out when their next constituency surgery session is.

It is a great way to cut through bureaucratic crap when you seem to be getting nowhere. Our MP was wonderful when we were getting no help from the police with harassment. She went straight to the area chief constable and demanded action and the problem was immediately dealt with.

Have suggested to my BIL that he do this as the CSA are taking 40% of his salary for alleged missed payments despite having provided proof that the payments were made.

LittleSilver Thu 20-Aug-09 16:23:27

CTC are completely rubbish, have got our wrong consistently, no-one has a clue when you ring up and don't give a damn.

mamas12 Thu 20-Aug-09 19:56:35

Also go to your CAB office. The one near me has a different number to call an actual manager who in one phonecall sorted out my months of bloody tooing and froing of many mandys and dwaynes saying contradictory things.

expatinscotland Thu 20-Aug-09 19:59:36

CTC has fucked over more people and put them into poverty, and I mean, true poverty income below poverty line, than I care to count.

It's in the tens of thousands according to BBC and they made errors totally £1bn last year alone.

Get your MP involved now.

It was the only thing that worked for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now