Talk

Advanced search

Have I done the right thing?

(8 Posts)
coolma Wed 19-Aug-09 16:22:10

My dd3 had a place at the local state nursery mornings only, but we were struggling to find a childminder to have her in the afternoons so, I e mailed the childminding co-ordinator for this nursery and locality for help, as was advised to, and to be honest, was extremely upset by her curt attitude and quite frankily rude response. I have since found out that complaints have been made about her before as she supposedly does not use all registered childminders but pretty much chooses who she wants to use, which i think is awful. Basically, no help whatsoever was forthcoming so we are putting dd into a private day nursery. I had arranged all this and am quite happy about it, but now have found out that there are several registered and very good cm's with appropriate spaces, in the area we need who should have been contacted by this person. I am steaming! have called the nursery and left a very forthright message about this behaviour as I really feel she is not making enough effort to help people. Am I out of order?

coldasanewrazorblade Wed 19-Aug-09 16:26:39

Of course you're not out of order.
She's rude and isn't doing her job properly.
You're supposed to complain when that happens!

landrover Wed 19-Aug-09 18:35:12

no

coolma Wed 19-Aug-09 19:22:03

thank you!

MummyDragon Wed 19-Aug-09 20:39:16

I'm confused actually.
What is a "state" nursery? I've never come across one. And are you saying that there is someone whose job it is to arrange afternoon childcare for your DC if said DC is attending their nursery in the morning?
It sounds too good to be true!
And, as she seems to have failed spectacularly, YANBU at all.

coolma Thu 20-Aug-09 06:58:27

State nursery, as in one that is under the LEA, and funded by the LEA for the 'free' sessions. Basically, her 'job' is to assist parents to find childcare if they so ask. Not have 'favourite' childminders and ignore requests!

MummyDragon Thu 20-Aug-09 07:55:29

She sounds horrible and you are right to complain

landrover Thu 20-Aug-09 12:57:17

yanbu

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now