Talk

Advanced search

To think that soft toys should at least be hand washable

(10 Posts)
Ellie4 Wed 19-Aug-09 12:31:51

What is it with all these surface washable toys? Have the manufacturers never been round children before. What with all the putting in their mouths, getting 'fed' and just generally being around small people, they get filthy. Never mind a serious incident such as the child being sick. A surface wash just isn't going to do the trick there is it?

PeedOffWithNits Wed 19-Aug-09 12:33:22

ignore the label and sling it in the machine!

this is why i always say posh teddies etc for newborns are ridiculous

KnitterInTheNW Wed 19-Aug-09 12:33:53

I wash everything inside a pillow case, on a 40 wash, regardless of what the label says! Haven't ruined anything yet.

ShellingPeas Wed 19-Aug-09 12:35:16

All of ours go in the washing machine too. Even a hideous giant teddy bear - cat threw up on that one and it HAD to go in.

danthe4th Wed 19-Aug-09 12:35:29

Stick it in the washing machine it will come out sparkling, I put everything in and never had a problem, its just the manufacturers covering themselves, i'm a cm and every so often all the soft toys go in the wash you should see my washing line lol

PeedOffWithNits Wed 19-Aug-09 12:38:16

the manufacturers do it to sell more toys don't they though.

DC voms on fave toy they won't sleep without. you can either give it a quick run through the machine, have it smelling cheesy forever, or run out and buy a new one

nickelbabe Wed 19-Aug-09 12:45:14

please put it in a pillow case though!
my mum once put my teddy bear in the (toploaded) washing machine and nearly killed it : all his stitching was ripped across his neck and all the way down his middle. He's fully recovered now, but i wept like a baby when he came out (I was 18 at the time hmm )

Morloth Wed 19-Aug-09 12:46:09

Lingerie bag (or pillowcase) and toss in machine. It will be fine.

I do a gentle wash with high temperature.

madusa Wed 19-Aug-09 16:55:26

ours go in the washing machine and tumble drier

they're alwasy fine

landrover Thu 20-Aug-09 12:35:29

washing machine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now