Talk

Advanced search

To be stunned that this blood test was not carried out?

(2 Posts)
blondissimo Wed 19-Aug-09 12:16:15

Went to GP's back in April/May (can't remember exactly), as I was feeling short of breath and exhausted. I was concerned re asthma as I suffered as a child, but GP seemed to think not, but arranged some blood tests. They were Iron levels (anaemia), total blood count and thyroid function. When called back for the results I was told that everything was satisfactory.
As luck would have it, I actually started to feel better (well still exhausted but breathlessness relieved), so I just assumed it was a reaction to the change in weather (always used to get worse asthma in spring and autumn).
Anyway, I have recently been feeling a tightness, like a lump, in my throat, so visited GP again this morning (different one). She thinks I may have slightly enlarged thyroid and is requesting an ultrasound scan. She looked on computer for the previous thyroid results and says the results are not there! Apparently the thyroid test was requested but she says it must not have been carried out as there are no results on the system!
I'm not really that bothered as she has now asked me to book in for it to be done, but I can't help feeling concerned that this could have happened to someone in need of their results more quickly?

landrover Wed 19-Aug-09 19:24:19

just typical

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now