Talk

Advanced search

How Crap Is This?

(15 Posts)
saggyhairyarse Tue 18-Aug-09 20:58:43

I have been BFing my DC3 but he is 2 and so feeding less and two months ago my periods started back up.

Anyway, my cycle appears to be back to normal for me and I realised today that I will have my next period on holiday as we go on Saturday and it is due the following Tuesday or thereabouts.

We are bleeding (excuse the pun) camping in Italy at a park with loads of pools etc and I have never been able to deep sea dive and rollerblade during my period - waaahhhh!

Where can I buy a mooncup on the high street? Maybe this is the answer?

nappyznozoneisalazyarse Tue 18-Aug-09 20:59:51

boots

BlameItOnTheBogey Tue 18-Aug-09 21:00:16

'tis crap. But Boots sell mooncups.

kormachameleon Tue 18-Aug-09 21:00:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

saggyhairyarse Tue 18-Aug-09 21:02:55

Excellent, I will be perusing the feminine hygeine shelves with a scowl on my face.

MarkStretch Tue 18-Aug-09 21:03:15

Your DS is 2 and your periods just came back? My DS was 8 bloody (s'cuse the pun wink) WEEKS when mine came back! You lucky sod.... smile

chickydee Tue 18-Aug-09 21:03:57

I have same problem, (off on hols sat, period due) and have got them tablkets from the dr that stop your period coming for a few days.
Is that an option?
every holiday we've had recently has fallen when my periods due so have used them fairly regularly.
(altho if your bf the hormones might interefere)

saggyhairyarse Tue 18-Aug-09 21:12:29

Sorry MS, I had the same with my DD, they came back when she was 2ish and then when she was 3 I got PG with DS so in 5.5 years I have only had periods for a year or so!

saggyhairyarse Tue 18-Aug-09 21:13:56

Is it a birth control chicky? Not sure it would work as am feeling pre-menstrual, might be too late?

mj4ever Tue 18-Aug-09 21:28:37

i'm sure you can go to the doctor's and get a tablet to delay it, it's been a fair while since i was offered it, but it's worth asking.

Alambil Tue 18-Aug-09 21:42:40

it's called northesterone - start taking it 3 or 4 (I think) days before you're due and keep taking it til you're home - one three times a day iirc and no, it's not a birth control afaik.

bumpybecky Tue 18-Aug-09 21:44:00

I got tablets from the doctors to take for our holiday this summer. We'd carefully chosen a caravan park next to the beach with a pool so dc could go swimming every day. Then I realsied I was due on the day we got there.

The tablets were called something like utlovan and were similar to progesterone. They are not contraceptive pills! I had to take one tablet three times a day for 3 days before I was due on for a total of 10 days. My period started about 3 days after I stopped taking them (but was way heavier than normal )

It did say in the leaflet that it might reduce supply and effect the taste of the milk, but ds (19 months) didn't complain!

saggyhairyarse Tue 18-Aug-09 21:53:59

Thanks for all the info, I am going to ask the Dr for it.

It is our first holiday ab road for 3 years after camping in the rain and I am looking forward to it!!!

landrover Thu 20-Aug-09 11:47:58

let us know

MissSunny Thu 20-Aug-09 11:51:31

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now