Talk

Advanced search

aibu, after going to the trouble of organising a creative day with dd...........

(11 Posts)
shivermetimbers Tue 18-Aug-09 15:31:37

..to expect her not to bugger off upstairs leaving me holding the pinata.

moondog Tue 18-Aug-09 15:34:31

They don't care about organised fun, believe me. I have tried and failed.

TheArmadillo Tue 18-Aug-09 15:39:18

it's always the same

the more effort the less they care.

cheltenhamgal Tue 18-Aug-09 15:39:58

lol sounds just like my dd

SmallScrewCap Tue 18-Aug-09 15:42:22

Oh, I feel your pain! I stopped trying to organise structured creative stuff weeks ago this holiday.

At present DD is making me jewellery out of plasticine and bringing an item to me every 5 minutes. All I have to do is say "Lovely, thank you."

Did chuckle at kindly young uni leavers in an art gallery recently who had devised a series of complicated, minimalist creative activities for children aged 3 - 7 to take part in, only to find that they all wanted to sit on the floor and glue brightly coloured bits of crap together and then cover it with glitter.

diddl Tue 18-Aug-09 18:36:46

Depends if you asked her first if she wanted to do it!

shivermetimbers Tue 18-Aug-09 19:21:07

I did ask her if she wanted to do it yes, and she was enthusiastic until it came to actually doing it. It went from 'i want to make it myself' via ' can you help me do this bit' to 'you do it'.

catinthehat2 Tue 18-Aug-09 19:46:36

"It went from 'i want to make it myself' via ' can you help me do this bit' to 'you do it'. "

Oh boy, are you me? Couldn't have put it better myself. Except it's 'you do it' said over the shoulder as child runs off at high speed to do something more interesting than clearing up.

MyCatIsABiggerBastardThanYours Tue 18-Aug-09 19:50:45

bloody kids never read the rules on this sort of thing do they. In my mind it's all going to be lovely and we will have a super time a la Famous Five/any Enid Blyton type fun you can think of. In reality it starts of fun, turns into a mess/argument/tantrum and is then all over 15 mins after you've started (when actually it was supposed to take up a whole 2hrs!).

landrover Thu 20-Aug-09 12:53:35

watch the tv and put your feet up

shivermetimbers Thu 20-Aug-09 22:31:22

Still not finished the damned thing, What was i thinking?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now