Talk

Advanced search

This one is a little gross.......

(49 Posts)
pantshavenames Mon 17-Aug-09 16:14:01

to think that guests should wrap or bag or in some way disguise a used sanitary towel before they put in the bin?
Or at least warn me it's there FFS, she came round on Tuesday last, I only empty the bin erractically because I use it for empty toilet rolls etc.

And I already had a hangover.

That is gross, yes??

it is gross
I would have emptied the bin for you after I had put it in so that I wouldn't have to leave it for you or I wouldn't have had to actually tell you about it

but I'm a mooncup user so wouldn't happen grin

Egg Mon 17-Aug-09 16:16:27

Ugh. If I was "caught short" and had to bin one in someone else's bin and had no bag etc, I would at least wrap in loo roll, but would preferably try to get it into the kitchen bin or somewhere it didn't fester.

cheesesarnie Mon 17-Aug-09 16:18:04

eww.yanbu.

bluenosebear Mon 17-Aug-09 16:20:28

That's foul. Sorry, IMHO there's no other word! When I've got stuck at friends, I tend to wrap it in loo paper and sneak it into my bag to dispose of at home. YANBU in the slightest.

steviesotherhalf Mon 17-Aug-09 16:20:53

I always carry those sanitary towel fragranced bags with me when I'm visiting someone. I put the towel in one of those and then stick it in a bin outside or take it home with me in my handbag and put in in my own bin! I'm very reluctant to put them in someone elses bin tbh. Very gross of her not to even wrap it!

diedandgonetodevon Mon 17-Aug-09 16:22:40

Bleurgh! YANBU, that is foul.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Mon 17-Aug-09 16:24:42

DS1's fiancee used to leave her used sanpro in the upstairs shower-room bin, never wrapped them, never emptied the bin, the slovenly bitch it horrified poor DS2. (I wasn't aware of this, as I rarely venture Upstairs - it's Their Territory afaiac)

I left a packet of scented nappy bags in the loo, and huckled DS1 to make sure she used them, and that she or he emptied the bucket right away. I was actually quite astounded that she'd behaved like that, as she's quite prissy domesticated otherwise.

arolf Mon 17-Aug-09 16:24:55

my mum makes us throw ours on the fire (in the Rayburn) which my sisters and I all think is a little gross!

OldLadyKnowsNothing Mon 17-Aug-09 16:33:50

Oooh, no, Rayburn's tackle anything.

>>recalls decomposing skull of lamb<<

TheDMshouldbeRivened Mon 17-Aug-09 16:35:46

so if someone stays a week they#d have to slip all of them into their handbags?
If it was warpped in loo paper wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

chickydee Mon 17-Aug-09 16:37:54

Gross, a few weeks ago i dropped dd 12 and her mate at school, well, just round corner, and as they got out of the car someones bin had been tipped over and there on the floor, in all its glory was a big, and very soiled sanitary towel,I was horrifed, and dd and her mate were nearly sick!. No excuse to not wrap them in something.

monkeyfeathers Mon 17-Aug-09 16:39:02

Surely most sanitary towels come with a wrapper, and you can use the wrapper from the new towel to wrap up the used one?

geordieminx Mon 17-Aug-09 16:40:18

Does anyone still use towels??????????

cheesesarnie Mon 17-Aug-09 16:42:31

i use washable ones(fairy hammocks)

gscrym Mon 17-Aug-09 16:42:57

I thought you were supposed to flush them down the loo.

MamaLazarou Mon 17-Aug-09 16:43:04

YANBU - if you don't have a bag, use loo roll. Or just use tampons!

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Mon 17-Aug-09 16:43:52

wrapped in loo roll - not a problem.

cheesesarnie Mon 17-Aug-09 16:43:57

gscrym-so its yours i swam past last weekhmm.no dont flush them!

duchesse Mon 17-Aug-09 16:45:58

NO, you should never flush towels or tampons! They have plastic components that do not break down in sewage treatment plants and they end up back in the environment.

gscrym Mon 17-Aug-09 16:48:33

Good job I use moon-cups. I apologise for my lack of towel knowledge. I only ever used them at work (white overalls - dreaded mooncup leakage) and they have those bins there.

TheDMshouldbeRivened Mon 17-Aug-09 18:22:21

tampons put nasty fibres into the walls of your fanjo. I read it somewhere.

Jujubean77 Mon 17-Aug-09 19:05:52

Towels are better for your vaginal health I was told by OBGYN, regular use of tampons can cause issues

onthepier Mon 17-Aug-09 20:24:47

If I'm staying with people and due on, I always take scented nappy bags with me for this reason!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now