Talk

Advanced search

To Hate The Suns Latest Advertising Campaign?

(24 Posts)
nicknameidlike Mon 17-Aug-09 13:49:11

i was out and about yesterday and i was annoyed at all the billboards that advertising The Sun(newspaper) basically it was showing men in different occuptions eg mechanic ,car salesmen and the slogan was "separates the fans from the numpties" and showed the Sun readers all together in a happy group and the person who didnt read The Sun sitting by himself with a daft chickens head on him ...AIBU to think it encourages on some level work place bullying?

arolf Mon 17-Aug-09 14:26:30

wow, I would think that those who read the sun are the numpties, must go get myself a chicken head

LadyOfWaffle Mon 17-Aug-09 14:30:09

PMSL, how random! Sorry, am ROFFLE@ the chicken.

LadyOfWaffle Mon 17-Aug-09 14:33:36

I have an image of a man sitting all glum in the corner with a rubber chicken on his head...

PeedOffWithNits Mon 17-Aug-09 14:33:45

well as far as i can see that will just encourage those who already read the sun to carry on doing so and make those who don't even more certain they don't want to.

screamingabdab Mon 17-Aug-09 14:40:13

I am proud to be a numpty.

teamcullen Mon 17-Aug-09 14:46:56

The Sun is a paper that tells such horrible lies that, 20 years on from the Hilsborough Disaster, hardly a single Sun newspaper is sold in or around Liverpool and they certainly wouldnt have the balls cheek
to advertise it here.

Nancy66 Mon 17-Aug-09 14:51:31

the 'fans' refers to football fans doesn't it - ie to tie in with launch of football season?

and, yes, you are being unreasonable to think that people will get bullied because of a billboard campaign.

teamcullen Mon 17-Aug-09 15:18:00

All Liverpool, Everton and Tranmere fans must be Numptys then, because they wouldnt touch the Sun newspaper with a shitty stick!

LovelyTinOfSpam Mon 17-Aug-09 15:27:19

Chicken on head?

Fabbo grin

ilovesprouts Mon 17-Aug-09 15:41:27

im a nunpty too , liverpool fans wont touch the sun anyhow after hillsbourgh

thesecondcoming Mon 17-Aug-09 15:49:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

teamcullen Mon 17-Aug-09 16:31:14

thesecondcoming- _THE SUN DID TELL LIES._

they have addmitted it now but only because nobody up here will buy their poxy paper.

Sky might be owned by the same group but they didnt spread lies on Sky news, maybe they would have if it was widely availble 20 years ago and if that was the case im sure we wouldnt have sky in our house.

By the way I didnt watch the match, thank God because I beleive we played awful and deserved to get beat (although we should have had a penelty)

BlehdyDM Mon 17-Aug-09 16:33:52

What happened with Hillsborough and the Sun?

geordieminx Mon 17-Aug-09 16:37:40

I'm with TeamCullen the Scum S*n is never mentioned in our house.

They printed vile lies after the Hillsborough disater in which 96 fans lost their lives. They have still not apologised. I hope Kelvin MacKenzie et al rot in hell

teamcullen Mon 17-Aug-09 16:48:12

The Sun THE TRUTH
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/greenslade/2009/apr/15/hillsborough-disaster-sundaytimes

teamcullen Mon 17-Aug-09 16:49:25

www.guardian.co.uk/media/greenslade/2009/apr/15/hillsborough-disaster-sundaytimes

Nancy66 Mon 17-Aug-09 17:25:48

Geordie - actually they have apologised.

mayorquimby Mon 17-Aug-09 17:37:18

the sun has apologised. i doubt it's through any altruistic motivations more likely that they want their cash back, but they have apologised.
mackenzie did also under the orders of murdoch but has since retracted it.

the city of liverpool however have never seemed to accept that apology as is their right.

Bathsheba Mon 17-Aug-09 17:45:44

I saw that advert and saw the one guy (painted as the numptie) doing the work and the rest of them skiving off...

(Thats the car mechaninc one anyway, not the tea break one)...

Certainly struck me as a bit of an own goal for the Sun as what they were saying was "Workshy slackers read the Sun - people who dont get on with their job"..

thesecondcoming Mon 17-Aug-09 20:08:30

teamcullen Tue 18-Aug-09 00:14:20

You said they lied (in brackets)hmm after saying that scousers were indignant for slagging the Sun off.

Well on behalf of all the indignant scousers, we will carry on being indignant because 96 people lost their lives that day and justice has never been done.

And while there is people who still believe the lies that the Sun told, and there is people who still believe. The Sun will never be forgiven on Merseyside.

As for watching SKY to watch the match, its not even relevent. There is no other choice to watch the match so its not like people have much of a choice if they want to watch their team.

Unless they are lucky enough to be able to get a ticket for the match. Fortunatly DH has a season ticket so his money goes straight toward paying the extortinate wages of the players rather than SKY.

thesecondcoming Tue 18-Aug-09 00:42:59

landrover Wed 19-Aug-09 19:55:13

ha ha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now