Talk

Advanced search

To go round to my neighbours house and cut the strings on his guitar and the mic???

(17 Posts)
LoveBeingAMummy Mon 17-Aug-09 11:03:15

Well am I????

DD was up from 2am-5am last night had just got her to go fown for a nap as she still got up at 7am and he's off again angry

Just once i'd like to go round, cut the srings that see if he can do his elvis impression hmm

btw have just realised that elvis is also evils

WidowWadman Mon 17-Aug-09 11:06:38

If you cut the strings you might end up hurting yourself, as metal strings under tension might jump straight into your face when they break.

(He also might have a set of spare strings or another guitar (we've got 3 guitars, 2 basses and a ukulele and I know a lot of people who don't stick with just one), so you might end up hurting yourself without no good result.

You might try and talking to him nicely though, he might have just not noticed how loud he is. I keep having to do the same with my partner, who sometimes forgets that it's after 10PM and we live in a terraced house...

LoveBeingAMummy Mon 17-Aug-09 11:12:02

He knows how loud he is, he even put on our Xmas card that he hoped his music helped her to sleep wtf

In fact it is so loud it is setting off my baby monitor, it reacts to noise and cuts in, we're in a semi and his 'music room' is next to dds room, not that that makes a diff you can hear him all over the house.

btw ww well done for telling me iabu without using the words wink

MrsWeasley Mon 17-Aug-09 11:12:58

I second mentioning to him that you have had a shitty night and would he be a star by not playing his guitar for the next 2 hours. After all he doesnt know your LO was awake during the night.

Failing that go round, bash him over the head with guitar, shouting Elvis is now dead!
grin

LoveBeingAMummy Mon 17-Aug-09 11:16:15

MrsW - I have a feeling he might know blush

he's in his seventies ffs

I DON'T CARE WHATS BURNING OR TURNING

Greensleeves Mon 17-Aug-09 11:16:58

I can see why you are frustrated, but he isn't actually doing anything terrible

it's an antisocial hour and musicians have to play some time

it's not his fault your dd didn't sleep properly

so I don't think you can order him to stop as if you have a RIGHT to

but yes, explain the problem and ask him

<if you cut the strings on my guitar I would garotte you with my spare G>

Greensleeves Mon 17-Aug-09 11:17:33

it's NOT an antisocial hour

LoveBeingAMummy Mon 17-Aug-09 11:18:57

Guess where he's on his way to now <clue Peter Kay>

EVERYBODY all together now.....

WidowWadman Mon 17-Aug-09 11:20:43

Is his hearing ok? Just asking as my own father is in his 70s and going deaf, so that the volume is always turned up to 11 when he's watching TV.

LoveBeingAMummy Mon 17-Aug-09 11:22:07

Greenselves I may come back and ask you to put me out of my misery wink

I know, I'm just going round now only joking

btw #walk on, you'll never walk alone#

LoveBeingAMummy Mon 17-Aug-09 11:23:26

WW we think he may be a little, doesn't seem to have problems talking one-to-one but if we hear hs phone ring we always smile cause we know were gonna be hearing him have a chat, even with the telly on

MrsWeasley Mon 17-Aug-09 11:28:38

My DC play a variety of instruments and I have warned/told the neighbours but frankly during the day I let them play. I do limit them to not playing early in the morning or after 7.30 at night (unless it is a short practise session).
If the neighbours are having a tough time and asked for a quiet time or day I would be happy to arrange it, as a one off.

How about make him a cake or something chewy or invite him around for a coffee. Do you have a dog he could walk?
Play a radio low to drown out some of his music, maybe?

MrsWeasley Mon 17-Aug-09 11:32:40

my Dad used to hear if we crept out of bed or whispered in our rooms but once asleep we could have run up and down, played music and he never heard a thing. Perhaps he really doesnt know LO was awake.

Can you make requests for your favourite songs? wink

I am dreadful for enjoying loud music and if the neighbour is playing anything loud I usually sing along. blush

LoveBeingAMummy Mon 17-Aug-09 11:37:37

To be fair it's probably a good thing DD has to sleep through it and it can't be a bad thing for her to learn to do.

Just ahving a bad day,I was half joking in my op grin.

PS he has stopped now

MrsWeasley Mon 17-Aug-09 11:41:53

Surely you shouted "Encore" when he stopped.
grin

LoveBeingAMummy Mon 17-Aug-09 11:51:51

Don't need too there are normally more than one performance each day smile <with clenched teeth>

theyoungvisiter Mon 17-Aug-09 11:56:20

a white noise CD might help your DD sleep?

And earplugs might help you switch off grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now