Talk

Advanced search

To think DP is ridiculous for buying his DD's clothes?

(39 Posts)
HoleintheHead Sun 16-Aug-09 10:25:34

Not as bad as it sounds in the title.

Basically, yesterday ... DsD (12) came home from a shopping trip with her mother. Plonked herself down on the sofa and said to DP "Right, you owe me £12".

hmm

DP said "why do I owe you £12?"

So she replied "Because I've just bought myself an outfit .. which is YOUR job ... so you owe me £12"

shock

DP said "No I don't, you didn't have to buy it, it's your own fault if you've spent your money"

DSD then goes off on a tirade ...

"DO YOU REALISE HOW MUCH BENEFIT YOU GET FOR ME! AND I GET A TINY FRACTION OF IT! DO YOU REALISE THAT MONEY IS SUPPOSED TO BE SPENT ON ME?? YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BUY MY CLOTHES OUT OF THE MONEY YOU GET FOR ME! SO YOU OWE ME!"

shock to cut a long story short, I later asked DP about it (as in, was he going to punish her for being so cheeky) and he told me he was considering giving her the £12!!!

She's just had a load of clothes bought for her not to mention all the places she's been during the summer holidays and the treats she gets.

AIBU? I'm fuming.

cornsillk Sun 16-Aug-09 10:27:47

She is being a madam!

PaulDacreEatsBabies Sun 16-Aug-09 10:28:40

If she just decided to go out and spend her allowance on a new outfit that she didn't in any way need but just wanted, then no, YANBU. That's what her allowance is for, I would imagine.

From the age of about 15 apart from shoes and school clothes my mum rarely bought me clothes (other than for Christmas/birthday presents). I bought them out of money I had earned.

KIMItheThreadSlayer Sun 16-Aug-09 10:29:38

What a little bitch, If he gives her the £12 he is a fool.

I bet it was more her mothers words then hers though

MotheringHeights Sun 16-Aug-09 10:29:43

Wow, it's not really about him buying her clothes though, is it? It's about your DP allowing his daughter to speak to him so rudely.

There's nothing ridiculous about a father buying his daughter clothes. It's the attitude of entitlement on your DSD's part and the possibility that your DP will reward it that's startling.

monkeyfeathers Sun 16-Aug-09 10:30:29

That's ridiculous.

I'd've pointed out to her that the benefit is supposed to pay for all sorts of glamourous stuff like electricity and gas and water and tv licenses and rent and food, long before we have to start thinking about buying clothes and other exciting stuff.

There's no way I'd give her the £12.

cornsillk Sun 16-Aug-09 10:30:50

Kimi shock

TaxiLady Sun 16-Aug-09 10:31:38

tell him to give her the £12 less any petrol money for ferrying her about!

HoleintheHead Sun 16-Aug-09 10:35:34

It was her attitude that pissed me off too. Especially the way he gets on at me about my son being cheeky!

RealityIsHavingAPartay Sun 16-Aug-09 10:39:37

Message withdrawn

RealityIsHavingAPartay Sun 16-Aug-09 10:40:12

Message withdrawn

PaulDacreEatsBabies Sun 16-Aug-09 10:42:06

It's who? A troubled regular, or do you mean the DM's plant?

RealityIsHavingAPartay Sun 16-Aug-09 10:46:03

Message withdrawn

Starbear Sun 16-Aug-09 10:48:48

Oh!shock Give each other a call and some support. I think Reality has a point about the age. I was a nightmare at 12 yrs! My parents were always arguing and mum got me to
side with her. Which meant, with other matters I was against her! She still shouldn't speak to Yr DP like that and needs to be disciplined about this. (& I don't mean punished)

MotheringHeights Sun 16-Aug-09 10:49:13

Damn, I remember the last one and you calling it then, Reality.

What do you think the OP is actually after, then?

Starbear Sun 16-Aug-09 11:01:09

{shock] again! It did seem strange! Poor kid

katiestar Sun 16-Aug-09 11:08:05

Oh I remember this poster.Poor little girl is no doubt feeling very vulnerable.She has had to give up her room and adjust to new stepbrothers and a new stepmum who seems to resent her existence.
Feel so so sorry for her.

madameDefarge Sun 16-Aug-09 11:56:50

She is a troll. None of it is real.

madameDefarge Sun 16-Aug-09 11:57:46

This was established by MNHQ. Will report this one too.

landrover Thu 20-Aug-09 13:05:11

what is a troll

PM73 Thu 20-Aug-09 13:11:15

Someone who likes to stir up trouble then sits back & enjoys the show.

RumourOfAHurricane Thu 20-Aug-09 13:12:57

Message withdrawn

KnickKnack Thu 20-Aug-09 13:13:09

Reality, she does sound very similar to that poster

RumourOfAHurricane Thu 20-Aug-09 13:15:25

Message withdrawn

ComeOVeneer Thu 20-Aug-09 13:17:57

Is this the same one with the smelly/non showering DSD etc?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now