Talk

Advanced search

to feel a tad pissed off with everyone

(6 Posts)
WantToScreamLoudly Sat 15-Aug-09 10:08:25

Going to a wedding reception this evening -first time since a traumatic split with cheating lying ex husband. So feeling apprehensive as will be around lots of loved up couples and feeling a bit sad about it all. Best friend agreed to come as my plus one ages ago but rang this morning to say that she won't be able to get to me until gone 8pm which means arriving at the reception over an hour late sad She has said she will sort it and will be here at the agreed time but I know what she is like and the liklihood is that she will be late.

I love her to bits but she does often make me feel like I'm not important enough to ever put first.

I'm a big girl and can go on my own if needs be but just annoys me that she promised and agreed it was fine to come and yet on the morning of the wedding she has rung to let me down.

Then there is ExDH who has just collected DD for the day. He dropped into conversation that he will be taking her out for the day and it looks like he will be late getting her back. Which means I get a stressful hour or so with an overtired baby later today before going out - great!

And finally Nursery for giving DD sugary biscuit and allowing her to watch an hour of TV despite me telling them no sugary processed food and no TV (ok bit PFB but it's my wishes and they have ignored them)

Rant over - just feel so sad that people seem to have complete disregard for my feelings and seem to think it is fine to do as they please even if it messes up my plans sad

McSnail Sat 15-Aug-09 10:12:05

Och, it's shit when all these things seem to happen at once. I'd be feeling a bit sorry for myself too.

If I were you, I'd spend the day listening to good music and trying to pamper myself in preparation for a good night out. I know your friend's being a bit flaky, but she WILL be there eventually. Have a good night out tonight, and I guarantee you'll feel better about all the other crap.

Shallow, but true!

Woooozle100 Sat 15-Aug-09 10:12:31

no rant on

but keep the little piles of shit separate. Its not one big mound!

Could yr dd not stay with yr ex overnight?

Let the biscuit and telly angst go. Just make yr wishes clear so it doesn't happen again

Being an hour late to reception not so bad either. You'll blend in more then as that'll ber when its most crowded

WantToScreamLoudly Sat 15-Aug-09 14:51:16

Thanks for the advice :-) I've been out done some retail therapy and feel a bit better.

Ex can't have DD overnight as she is breastfed.

landrover Wed 19-Aug-09 19:15:23

scream

landrover Thu 20-Aug-09 13:18:38

any other ideas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now