Talk

Advanced search

Gilr over the road is having her 18th birthday party compete with loud music and drunken teens in the front garden...

(35 Posts)
SoupDragon Fri 14-Aug-09 23:10:55

... AIBU to be insanely jealous?

Oh what fun I had at house parties like that!

[wistful]

SoupDragon Fri 14-Aug-09 23:11:29

(girl over the road, obviously. Not Gilr)

PuppyLoves Fri 14-Aug-09 23:12:07

YANBU!

AchduLieberHimmel Fri 14-Aug-09 23:12:19

Get out there. Join in fgs. Teach 'em a thing or two.

Fluffypoms Fri 14-Aug-09 23:13:47

oooh Party.
get over there girl!!! wink

brimfull Fri 14-Aug-09 23:13:47

my dd had a party whilst we were away last week

neighbours said it sounded great fun

does make you miss your youth

Paolosgirl Fri 14-Aug-09 23:14:24

Go and join in! That will make the party stop go with a bang, I'm sure!

SoupDragon Fri 14-Aug-09 23:15:13

I think not. When we got home earlier, they were playing Boom Boom Pow by the Black Eyed Peas. When I started dancing, DS2 laughed and said "Do it again for DS1! it was so funny!" I glared at him and suggested that what he meant to say was "your dancing is so brilliant, mummy!". He tactfully agreed.

lockets Fri 14-Aug-09 23:22:55

Message withdrawn

SoupDragon Fri 14-Aug-09 23:27:36

Haven't noticed. There was a Tall Boy and a Blonde Girl Having A Fag earlier though.

Oh the memories! Soon there'll be Dark Haired Girl Who's Had 1/2 A Bottle of Smirnoff Blue Label...

startingagain Sat 15-Aug-09 00:10:24

When i first saw your post i thought you were going to moan about the noise etc.,! So pleased to see what you actually postedgrin I can't stand it when people moan about teenagers parties, especially if it is a one off thing, 18th....

I would have sneaked in myselfsmile

bentneckwine1 Sat 15-Aug-09 00:10:41

I thought the title was 'drunken tears in the garden'...that sounded about right!!

Stinkyfeet Sat 15-Aug-09 00:13:52

Oh no, what with this and the 20 yr anniversary of the Stone Roses' debut album thread, I just feel ancient.

I want a 2 litre bottle of Woodpecker to take me right back there!!!

brimfull Sat 15-Aug-09 00:17:23

dd's 18th is on NYE

she wants to have a party ,she's had two before but I don't want to leave the house or sit upstairs

have put forth the idea of having some of our friends as well to celebrate so a mixed party

not sure how that would work out

dd said ok-as she's sort of passed the 'embarassed of your parents' age

still unsure though

startingagain Sat 15-Aug-09 00:31:02

I think that sounds like a good idea gg, thats the kind of thing we do.

NO...not the 20th anniversary...that CANNOT be possible, jesus I'm old....

Drunken tears in the garden grin now that does bring back memories!!!

Stinkyfeet Sat 15-Aug-09 00:44:36

here, startingagain, if you couldn't find it! Tis true, 20yrs!

weegiemum Sat 15-Aug-09 00:45:57

Won't be long till there are mutual declarations of undying love between drinken girls and then some sex in the flower beds which will break up the undying love cos it was with the guy she fancied.

Or something.

Its 20 years since I was 18. I'm feeling every day of it!

SoupDragon Sat 15-Aug-09 09:07:34

Just to make it better, I went to sleep to the sound of Thriller so it was just like being back there again (although this time I wasn't completely p*ssed on vodka and sleeping at the foot of someone's stairs)

They were far better behaved than at her 17th last year where there were a fair number of new drivers showing off by revving up loudly and haring up and down the road at 3am (I don't think they were drunk though). What maturity an extra year brings [arf]

SoupDragon Sat 15-Aug-09 09:08:26

Should I check the hedge at the front of my garden for stray teens or is it best not to look?

mayorquimby Sat 15-Aug-09 10:44:15

fair play op. i came on to give my standard "ffs why do people have a problem with others haviong fun" reply to people moaning about a once in a blue moon party.

nice to see the world aint full of kill joys

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Sat 15-Aug-09 10:52:55

Best not to look Soupy - you'll probably find a pile of vomit.

ds2 had a party whilst we were away last week; the recyling is astonishing shock, there's something brown on the living room ceiling and the jar I keep my teabags in was full of (what looked like) red wine. hmm

Still the neighbours haven't been round to rip my head off and the police weren't called. Couldn't have been a very good party!

dinasaw Sat 15-Aug-09 12:21:42

If you do need to clean vomit up off the pavement or road, can I suggest a bucket of boiling hot water and washing up liquid and dettol mix. Apply with a stiff brush.
Ds1 had a few friends over last week. Thankfully the lad made it to the front door and vomited on the pavement and not my dining room. He'd drunk two litres of white lightening in an hour. In my day we'd have shared that between four of us.

SoupDragon Sat 15-Aug-09 14:27:00

No stray teens, no empty bottles and no vomit. Also no sign of life from the younger members of house across the road

I remember helping bleach pernod and black out of a friend's wallpaper once with Milton at the end of a particularly good 6th Form party.

DS1 is 10 - only 7 years to go before I face the horrors of a house party!

expatinscotland Sat 15-Aug-09 14:32:33

There's no way I could ever work it up to be jealous of the young. Wouldn't do that all again for all the money in the world.

nickschick Sat 15-Aug-09 14:36:31

Oh you sound great fun soupy smile

We had a 'few' friends round for hotdogs on ds1s 16th last Tuesday - it started at 1.30 pm and the last person left just before 2 am wednesday morning at one point there was over 47 kids in our tiny house and at least 3 sets of neighbours.

It was fab we were on the radio there were no complaints no arguments no fights and believe it or not no mess!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now