Talk

Advanced search

To expect people to keep their rubbish...

(8 Posts)
Satsuma1 Fri 14-Aug-09 15:57:14

AIBU to expect people to take their rubbish home and put it in THEIR OWN bin?

We've had a refuse collection strike in our area recently and although our ordinary rubbish has started being collected again, the organic waste (brown bins with grass, weeds etc) bins haven't. There's no knowing when they'll be collected, so people have just left them outside their driveways.

Anyway, for the last 3 days the same woman has walked past our house and deposited her sweetie wrappers etc in our brown bin. Tbh, I wouldn't really care if it was the ordinary waste bin she was using, but now I have to go through the bin lifting out all her wrappers which she couldn't be bothered to take home. It's obvious that the bin is the organic waste one, as it's full of, well, organic waste!

I just find it really rude and irritating that she would do this.

AIBU?

Stayingsunnygirl Fri 14-Aug-09 16:30:09

No - she's being rather obtuse and rude, imo. Mind you - it could be worse - my dses have been putting bags of dogpoo in our brown bin, and guess who had to fish them out from the very bottom and put them into the black bin? Yup - lucky, lucky me. angry

sarah293 Fri 14-Aug-09 16:41:22

Message withdrawn

DollyPS Fri 14-Aug-09 18:25:11

tell her to stop doing it.How rude.

GibbonInARibbon Fri 14-Aug-09 18:34:26

Was all ready to say YABU as the woman is putting her rubbish in a bin but then I read that it is the organic waste bin.
Could you perhaps tape a polite note to the top of the bin along the lines of 'Please do not place rubbish in this bin, organic waste only'?

KIMItheThreadSlayer Fri 14-Aug-09 18:47:39

Collect them up, follow her home and post them threw her letter box grin

proverbial Fri 14-Aug-09 21:42:42

I just posted the other day about my horrible neighbours putting bags and bags of black bin shite in my green bin..and we pay by weight here...so YANBU in the extreme!

landrover Wed 19-Aug-09 19:26:01

yanbu

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now