Talk

Advanced search

to feel rotten after ONE glass of wine last night

(15 Posts)
pamelat Fri 14-Aug-09 13:57:45

Last night was a girly night. I intentionally drove and chose to not drink because I have DD all day on a Friday and know she can be exhuasting wink

I had one, ok large, ok red, glass of wine.

I felt normal if a little flushed. I drove home (thought thats ok on one glass? had eaten a lot) but today I feel terrible

I am very tired, very thirsty (drank 7 pints of water so far today and still thirsty) and craving fatty/rubbish food.

I feel like I might have a hangover but surely not after ONE glass of wine?! Is it possible?

I dont drink very much, maybe one night a week or one night a fortnight sometimes but I dont usually feel ill after ONE drink!!!

We are ttc (know am not pregnant yet) so another reason to not binge drink but surely is reasonable to feel ok after one glass.

playftseforme Fri 14-Aug-09 13:59:20

It was either cheap red wine (lots of additives can make you feel yuck) or you're coming down w something...

Sheeta Fri 14-Aug-09 14:00:30

sounds like crappy wine, I've had that on just 1 or 2 drinks as well, and it's always red.

MaggieBelleVirgo Fri 14-Aug-09 14:02:13

if it's stowells, I always feel like death after one glass. the 250mls screw top they serve in some pubs, it would KILL you hte next day, just one glass.

pamelat Fri 14-Aug-09 14:06:03

It was the red wine that is currently in the M&S dine in for £10 deal.

Originally £5 a bottle so not nice wine but neither especially cheap cheap?

it tasted quite strong/dry so am wondering if just dehydrated.

skyblu Fri 14-Aug-09 14:19:05

Are you completely SURE you are not pregnant?

I felt exactly how you are describing after one drink the night before....spent the whole day asking people how I could possibly feel so awful and have a hangover?!...Punishment didn't fit the crime etc etc

Couple of weeks later dicovered I was, infact, pregnant.

NigellaTufnel Fri 14-Aug-09 14:25:56

Er... same thing happened to me.

Later found out I was up the duff.

StillSquiffy Fri 14-Aug-09 14:31:54

Since having DD I am the same. 300ml is my absolute limit on white wine, less on red. Otherwise I have a killer of a hangover that lasts all day...

Never had this before DC, or even after DS and before DD. But since DD happens every time, no excpetions....

Would make me a very cheap date if only I still dated grin

pamelat Fri 14-Aug-09 20:15:57

Was not pregnant 2 weeks ago (did test) and had period since (last week). Prob too much detail!

Still ttc.

Might just not bother drinking as feel too awful, even now ... and very thirsty and hungry.

BottySpottom Fri 14-Aug-09 20:22:24

Ditto the others re pregnancy!

BottySpottom Fri 14-Aug-09 20:22:53

Ditto the others re pregnancy!

londonartemis Fri 14-Aug-09 22:24:05

Did you eat very salty food?! The MSG in some Chinese food can make you really thirsty for ages.

daisymaybe Fri 14-Aug-09 22:58:07

I had the same with two glasses of wine last week. Concluded that I don't drink enough.

NervousNutty Fri 14-Aug-09 23:00:47

I had this last week, Had one glass, went to bed and woke up feeling like I had drunk the bottle.

I felt a bit rough for about 3/4 days, really tired and like I had a cold coming, but then it just went.

landrover Wed 19-Aug-09 19:53:45

pregnant

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now