Talk

Advanced search

I must be tight fisted, but I feel cheated!

(15 Posts)
Pwsimerimew Fri 14-Aug-09 09:52:50

Okay,so it was only £2.

Took DC to fun centre yesterday, and I had to pay £2! So I asked "why do I have to pay to sit in the cafe?" and she said it was incase I wanted to go in too.

DC are old enough to go in by themselves - if I had the option , I'd have sat in the car reading my book instead of in their noisy cafe area!

AND! I ordered a cone of chips each for lunch ( bargain at £1 a cone wink). Asked for some ketchup, which I was expecting to be charged for, and then asked where the salt and vinegar was, only to be told that vinegar was 50 p a sachet too!!!

I'm not mean honestly, but they're having a laugh aren't they?

LaurieFairyCake Fri 14-Aug-09 09:55:22

they are

I would have sat in the car and then gone somewhere else for cafe food after.

I'm not particularly tightfisted, It's just I don't like being taken advantage of.

LuluMaman Fri 14-Aug-09 09:57:08

it does not matter how much it was, it is taking advantage and a great way to irritate customers

cannot believe they charge 50 p for vinegar when a cone of chips is £1

princessmel Fri 14-Aug-09 09:57:55

I can't stand adults being made to pay to go into soft play places.

This is why we don't go into the new Gambado near us.

(plus we are members at a farm with soft play included)

50p for vinegar is outrageous.

nekonix Fri 14-Aug-09 09:59:09

it's ridiculous. i'm the same, i don't mind paying for these things but they put the prices of everything up in the summer hols. they do it because they know the children enjoy going to these places and the parents obviously want to take their children nice places (also to get a break). i think its wrong. i went to a local play centre and had to pay £6 for 1hour and 30minutes worth of playing time.. the tings we do for our children..

K999 Fri 14-Aug-09 10:00:02

I remember when ex dh took dd1 and her friends to the cinema one Saturday morning - apparently it was pay for one adult and get all kids in free! He was delighted but the eejit let them all help themselves to the pick n' mix.......it set him back £27!! I did laugh my head off feel sorry for him....grin

princessmel Fri 14-Aug-09 10:00:16

nekonix, was that £6 for you to go in, or for the children?

katiestar Fri 14-Aug-09 10:02:17

Now you know why they can afford to sell cones of chips for £1 !!
WRT the adult entrance price I think they do this to subsidise the child entrance fee.
Therefore it makes it more attractive to larger families and to take friends.

sunnydelight Fri 14-Aug-09 10:04:14

I think charging adults admission at play centres is the greatest rip off ever - like we're getting some personal enjoyment from it (and if anyone comes along and says they are you are truly strange grin). Most adults will buy a coffee or something anyway, so they are getting money all ways. You can't leave your children unsupervised so why not just be honest and add it to the children's admission charge.

nekonix Fri 14-Aug-09 10:06:48

£6 for 1 child my dd is under 3 and didn't have to pay for her (although she couldn't do much there) i had to pay an extra pound for myself.

princessmel Fri 14-Aug-09 10:09:13

Thanks Nekonix, that seems to be the going rate.

nekonix Fri 14-Aug-09 10:11:38

that doesn't make me feel too bad then. i was totally shocked when they first told me how much but ds was so looking forward to playing there i couldn't say no. maybe im too soft

Pwsimerimew Fri 14-Aug-09 10:31:23

It was £5.50 per child, so I was already forking out £11, not including thirst quenching, purse empying drinks.
I'm glad it not just me smile

landrover Wed 19-Aug-09 19:56:08

yanbu

dilemma456 Thu 20-Aug-09 12:17:32

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now