Talk

Advanced search

to think I can get out of paying this PCN

(13 Posts)
NancysGarden Thu 13-Aug-09 20:31:16

I recently stopped for about 30 seconds in an empty taxi rank to pick up a friend from the tube. It was a Sunday and I assumed under the circumstances it would be ok to stop (not park, NOT park) for under a minute to pick her up. Anyone have any similar experiences to share? Did you have to cough up too? £50 for a 30s pick-up seems extortionate to me.

NancysGarden Thu 13-Aug-09 20:55:39

bump

questioneverything Thu 13-Aug-09 21:04:31

I think you should pay up. If you go to court or fight it you will incur court costs and lots of time fighting it.

Its not allowed for a reason because if we all did it it would be a right cock up.

I would just say its a fair cop and don't do it again.

You are living in England and it is the governments mission to ROB as much of your un-taxed money as poss.

Woooozle100 Thu 13-Aug-09 21:14:39

its a bummer but can't see how yr going to get out of paying it. Short of arguing the toss that you are a taxi, getting a license etc

did you not see the traffic warden looming towards you?

poorbuthappy Thu 13-Aug-09 21:21:07

I think it may depend on who issued the ticket...have a look on consumer action group forums under parking tickets by searching under whoever issued the ticket, ie council via cctv, traffic warden, private company.

NancysGarden Thu 13-Aug-09 22:37:38

It was issued by local council traffic management. Guess I'd rather pay than enter into a legal struggle I'm sure to lose. I had hoped there would be a sunday loop-hole or something. Such crap. And so bloody expensive.

larks35 Thu 13-Aug-09 22:47:01

Have a look here http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/parking-ticket-appeals?gclid=CMnExvPMoZwCFaAA4wodCHmZdQ
I' m currently using this advice to dispute 2 parking fines where the road markings were invisible and no signage, it does advise on what to do if you can't afford the fine too, worth a look.

kormachameleon Thu 13-Aug-09 22:54:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NancysGarden Thu 13-Aug-09 23:49:16

Thanks Larks, clicked on your link. The website where you can win the price of your ticket is cool, but due to lack of funds coz of current economic climate the competitions are suspended.

Think you're all right, gonna have to pay. It sticks in my throat, but I'll get over it. Will be bloody careful from now on though!

NancysGarden Thu 13-Aug-09 23:50:43

Korma it came through the post: CCTV operated by council. I hoped there might be a loop-hole as it was sunday but am yet to hear if that's true.

kormachameleon Fri 14-Aug-09 00:01:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NancysGarden Fri 14-Aug-09 00:04:36

there should be but how can one tell from a CCTV photo? Unless they check their stills - in which case they'd see I was gone in under a minute.

kylesmybaby Fri 14-Aug-09 00:07:12

why should a sunday make any difference? it was a taxi rank and you shouldn't have stopped there. afraid you will probably have to pay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now