Talk

Advanced search

to go mad at DS age 2 who has lost my engagement ring

(17 Posts)
babybarrister Wed 12-Aug-09 21:13:08

I am raging ..... DS now in bed. when asked where it is DS answered "somewhere" ....!!!

PinkTulips Wed 12-Aug-09 21:17:57

How did he get hold of it?

You're not BU to be fuming but there's no point raging at him... 2 year olds have no concept of taking care of possessions or keeping track of where they've put things.

Just be more careful in future that he can't get a hold of any valuables (nigh on impossible i know with smallies grin)

YABU. Sorry, but he's only 2. Try asking him again in the morning. Will your contents insurance cover it.

norktasticninja Wed 12-Aug-09 21:21:08

What PT said.

Unless he actually climbed up and took it out of your jewelery box or some such YABU

WriggleJiggle Wed 12-Aug-09 21:27:08

Sorry but YABU. He won't have know it's value, he won't know what he's done with it. Getting grumpy with him will not work, softly softly playing hide and seek games may work.
Have you looked in his toybox? bed? paint box?

SoupDragon Wed 12-Aug-09 21:29:16

He's 2.
You are an adult.

Overmydeadbody Wed 12-Aug-09 21:29:18

YABU

He is 2 ffs, and if he got hold of it then that is blatantly your fault.

It is just a silly little band of metal anyway, surely your 2 yr old is more important?

Tamarto Wed 12-Aug-09 21:29:24

'Unless he actually climbed up and took it out of your jewelery box or some such YABU'

Even if he wrenched it off her finger going mad at a two year old would be pointless.

Sorry your ring is missing though.

SerendipitousHarlot Wed 12-Aug-09 21:31:53

It's really weird - another poster has had the exact same thing happen tonight! grin

Hulababy Wed 12-Aug-09 21:38:42

Sorry your ring is missing; you must be really upset. I know I would be.

However, he is 2y. He has no true idea of consequences, time scales or what he has done, etc. There is no point in getting mad at him. It won;t help him or you.

How did he manage to get hold of it?

nikki1978 Wed 12-Aug-09 21:42:25

Yes YABU. I left my wedding and engagements rings on my computer desk once when I was having a shower. My kids got hold of them and although I found my engagement ring my wedding ring has not been seen since. This was 6 weeks after our wedding. I asked them where it was but they did not know. Mine are 4 and 2 but I did not have a go at them. I shouldn't have left them there in the first place. Bad luck but at least you know it is in the house somewhere. It will turn up one day as will my wedding ring no doubt!

babybarrister Wed 12-Aug-09 22:18:26

sorry same message - managed to post twice

norktasticninja Wed 12-Aug-09 22:20:29

Tamarto grin you're quite right.

MummyDragon Thu 13-Aug-09 20:38:27

Is this any help? Put the sock end of a pair of tights over the end of your vacuum cleaner - you should be able to suck the ring up if it's on the floor ....

Hope it hasn't gone down the loo or anything sad

Have you checked DS' bed? My 2-year-old is always taking things off to her room ...

BustyMcGee Thu 13-Aug-09 20:48:51

Do check the bins before you empty them, that's where all our things go.

Gloria42 Thu 13-Aug-09 21:27:16

you've probably thought of this, but could it have been lifted with something else you put on top of the drawers?
I lost my engagement ring when DS was only a couple of months old. I found it in the wastepaper bin in the bedroom, wrapped in a used face-wipe!!

BettySwollux Thu 13-Aug-09 21:48:08

This happened to my friend, she searched the entire house to no avail.
I lent her DS1 metal detector, and her son found it stuck in the door frame resting on the top of the hinge.

Can you borrow a metal detector? Argos do them fairly cheaply if you cant(dont forget to scan your 2yo tummy!! shockwink).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now