Talk

Advanced search

to think that it's outrageous that.................

(10 Posts)
FAQtothefuture Tue 11-Aug-09 21:39:21

if I travel from Bedfrd to Bristol via train it costs a mere £18.50 (single).

If I travel from Wellingborough to Bristol (getting on the the same train a station earlier) it costs £76.90 (single)!!!

A return ticket between Wellingborough and Bedford costs just £7.60!

Why?????????????????

Bumpinthenight Tue 11-Aug-09 21:47:25

YANBU.

Shows you have to shop around to get a decent price. Somewhere on a train ticket site (poss trainline.com) it does state that buying several tickets may make the cost of the journey cheaper. A lot of faff but worth it!

FAQtothefuture Tue 11-Aug-09 21:58:01

It's ridiculous - I just need to get to Bristol by 3.30 on Monday - and return at some point in the evening.

You'd think that you could get the best price by simply searching for prices/routes from your town (which is on a mainline) but oh no I have to faff around searching from random places "just in case" [grr]

FAQtothefuture Wed 12-Aug-09 00:11:34

bumping because I'm still p*ssed off about it blush

dizzymare Wed 12-Aug-09 00:15:22

Joining you in your pissed offness, I've got cramp but hey happy to join youwink

bronze Wed 12-Aug-09 00:15:31

annoying isn't it. And I end up trying millions of combinations and getting myself really confused

FAQtothefuture Wed 12-Aug-09 00:16:09

I know I'm really confused now - but I thihk the Bedford option is the cheapest <<<<<<<<<<runs off to check again>>>>>>>>>>

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Wed 12-Aug-09 09:27:27

I used to answer calls for the company that powers the trainline and I always checked splitting up the journey like that it is ridiculous isn't it?
My friend and her dd's came to visit us the other week and a return ticket would have cost her £60 but buying 2 seperate singles made the same jousrney £20 return.

FAQtothefuture Wed 12-Aug-09 09:53:44

oh I know the singles thing is often cheaper. I'm just riled that I can just find a good deal from my home town and have to buy tickets in "bits" [grr] (again LOL).

muddleduck Wed 12-Aug-09 10:16:07

I save £8 a day on my commute by buying two separate tickets. Madness. The helpful guy who told me about this has saved my £1000's of pounds over the years.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: