Talk

Advanced search

to think that it's outrageous that.................

(10 Posts)
FAQtothefuture Tue 11-Aug-09 21:39:21

if I travel from Bedfrd to Bristol via train it costs a mere £18.50 (single).

If I travel from Wellingborough to Bristol (getting on the the same train a station earlier) it costs £76.90 (single)!!!

A return ticket between Wellingborough and Bedford costs just £7.60!

Why?????????????????

Bumpinthenight Tue 11-Aug-09 21:47:25

YANBU.

Shows you have to shop around to get a decent price. Somewhere on a train ticket site (poss trainline.com) it does state that buying several tickets may make the cost of the journey cheaper. A lot of faff but worth it!

FAQtothefuture Tue 11-Aug-09 21:58:01

It's ridiculous - I just need to get to Bristol by 3.30 on Monday - and return at some point in the evening.

You'd think that you could get the best price by simply searching for prices/routes from your town (which is on a mainline) but oh no I have to faff around searching from random places "just in case" [grr]

FAQtothefuture Wed 12-Aug-09 00:11:34

bumping because I'm still p*ssed off about it blush

dizzymare Wed 12-Aug-09 00:15:22

Joining you in your pissed offness, I've got cramp but hey happy to join youwink

bronze Wed 12-Aug-09 00:15:31

annoying isn't it. And I end up trying millions of combinations and getting myself really confused

FAQtothefuture Wed 12-Aug-09 00:16:09

I know I'm really confused now - but I thihk the Bedford option is the cheapest <<<<<<<<<<runs off to check again>>>>>>>>>>

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Wed 12-Aug-09 09:27:27

I used to answer calls for the company that powers the trainline and I always checked splitting up the journey like that it is ridiculous isn't it?
My friend and her dd's came to visit us the other week and a return ticket would have cost her £60 but buying 2 seperate singles made the same jousrney £20 return.

FAQtothefuture Wed 12-Aug-09 09:53:44

oh I know the singles thing is often cheaper. I'm just riled that I can just find a good deal from my home town and have to buy tickets in "bits" [grr] (again LOL).

muddleduck Wed 12-Aug-09 10:16:07

I save £8 a day on my commute by buying two separate tickets. Madness. The helpful guy who told me about this has saved my £1000's of pounds over the years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now