Talk

Advanced search

to not tell dh that im booking my driving test ?

(11 Posts)
cheesesarnie Tue 11-Aug-09 13:11:19

hes not being very supportive so i dont want/need the extra pressure and he will be cross if i fail.
so am i being unreasonable to book it and not mention it to him(or anyone)?

Longtalljosie Tue 11-Aug-09 13:16:43

I guess not - but why on earth would he be cross if you fail? That's not nice...

cheesesarnie Tue 11-Aug-09 13:18:46

i did a mock test last week and failed-not badly(4 times better than his other students who then go on to pass a couple of weeks later according to my driving instructor).dh was cross.

wilkos Tue 11-Aug-09 13:21:18

i didnt mention mine to anyone except soon to be dh.

this is because bigmouth me had already spent the previous 7 tests blush telling everyone and then having to say i had failed

needless to say the only one i didnt tell anyone about I passed!

LadyOfWaffle Tue 11-Aug-09 13:21:58

Bloomin' heck. If you pass then don't tell him either and tell him why. Driving tests are all about driving right for one hour, you can be a perfect driver and make a mistake in that one hour of your life. Saying that I told DH to tell my mum I had passed if I failed my theory (I passed but was asked by her "what did you get? " rather than a well done )

muddleduck Tue 11-Aug-09 13:25:03

Am very sad for you that you have a DH who would be cross if you failed at something.

cheesesarnie Tue 11-Aug-09 15:10:23

i have maths exam results coming soon-hopefully!fortunatly he couldnt give a toss either way if i pass that!

good idea not to say if i passgrin

K999 Tue 11-Aug-09 15:33:50

But why would he be cross if you failed? I dont understand.

cheesesarnie Tue 11-Aug-09 15:56:04

he thinks i should be able to pass and that everyone can drive blah blah blah.i think he also thinks that the two hours i get out of the house on my own and the £43 a week is too much(i pay and dc are all cared for when im doing them).even though driving lessons was his idea.

K999 Tue 11-Aug-09 16:03:41

He sounds like a tosser imho....dont tell him, pass and then find something else that takes you out the house for a few hours a week....I hear flying lessons are popular...grin

cheesesarnie Tue 11-Aug-09 16:49:38

grin moorland up the road with micralite lessons hmm maybe!mind you i'll probably be having driving lessons for another 25 years

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now