Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to be annoyed by proclamations that dp falls in love with Kiera Knightly every time he sees her in a movie?

(28 Posts)
KerryMumbles Tue 11-Aug-09 12:13:35

settled down to watch Atonement. All nice and cozy. Then this.

Don't know what annoyed me more. The fact that he likes this simpering stick insect or the fact that he choose to share this info with me....

mayorquimby Tue 11-Aug-09 12:27:32

i tell my gf the same. i do simply love her.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 11-Aug-09 12:31:43

DH does this every time Nigella is on the telly - except he's not professing love he'd just quite like to bonk her.
I don't mind this because a)it's not going to happen, and b)it means that I can drool over Daniel Craig and Rupert Penry-Jones perfectly legitimately. grin

bruffin Tue 11-Aug-09 12:33:25

Dh has a thing about KK as well!

Morloth Tue 11-Aug-09 12:34:12

YANBU as long as you are not one of sad/mad types who thinks Robert Pattison is the second coming.

Bettymum Tue 11-Aug-09 12:35:13

Ooh Rupert...DH was very glad when he got killed in Spooks - although I'm hoping he rean really fast and is actually still alive - so he didn't have to listen to me lusting after him every week .
Keira is too thin for my DH but Nigella is too big hmm.

MegSophandEmma Tue 11-Aug-09 12:35:51

He is rather divine though grin

RedDeadFail Tue 11-Aug-09 12:39:06

Wouldn't worry about it. Strong westerly wind's forecast to blow her away very soon.

She's a norkilly challenged, simpering woman. And her mouth's all wrong.

Nowt wrong with a bit of mild fantasy, but honestly she's so boyish. Half the stuff most men want to do to her would snap her like a twig.

Lizzylou Tue 11-Aug-09 12:40:19

Ditto the RPJ swoonathon, gawd that man.

Not enough meat on the bones with Kiera for my DH, he does go quiet when Kelly-vacuous but looks good in a bikini-Brook is on though, he also has a bit of a crush on Suzanna from BBC Breakfast grin

I am far more outspoken with my crushes that DH, I think if I mention how fit Daniel Craig is once more he may break down.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 11-Aug-09 12:44:38

Robert Pattison is a little boy. RPJ - mmmmmmmmm <fans self>

mayorquimby Tue 11-Aug-09 12:46:31

kelly brook is great too, how i love her also.
but she doesn't hold a candle to KK

Lizzylou Tue 11-Aug-09 12:48:52

See I can understand the Kelly Brook thing, it's like my David Beckham crush, you wouldn't want to talk to them but they are sexy and attractive.

But KK? Nah, she doesn't look sexy at all, pretty yes, but the body of a pre-teen.

pjmama Tue 11-Aug-09 13:41:03

It is very depressing though, when your DH thinks the likes of KK and Victoria Beckham have the ideal physique! Makes me and my size 12/14 frame feel positively obese. I'll just go get another cake to console myself...

Bettymum Tue 11-Aug-09 13:43:38

Strictly season is coming, isn't it? Three months of DH telling me exactly what he thinks of Ola and the other Russian dancer whose name escapes me. Thank goodness Rachel Stevens isn't in it again this year...

woozlet Tue 11-Aug-09 14:55:11

yanbu, she is far too skinny.

KerryMumbles Wed 12-Aug-09 12:57:47

redfalldead you have me pissing myself there.

was out for the day yesterday which is why I didn't get back here.

I was told repeatedly how ridiculous I was for even mentioning it....

he was also quite insistent that I post this thread on mn to see what the general opinion was....

he felt sure I would be told I was completely ur

mayorquimby Wed 12-Aug-09 13:49:38

"yanbu, she is far too skinny"

that's like saying someones too rich.
kk is perfect.

jeminthepantry Wed 12-Aug-09 13:53:21

I find her mouth and chin combo incredibly annoying.
It would annoy me if DH did that tbh too!

slayerette Wed 12-Aug-09 14:03:08

I cannot comment on this thread because I don't want to be unsupportive but, on the other hand, the number of times I have been drooling over some bloke on TV (The Tudors starts again next week, well hellooooo Mr. Rhys-Meyers), I would be pretty bloody hypocritical to object to DH doing the same over some actress or other.

Squitten Wed 12-Aug-09 14:14:01

I wouldn't take it personally. Just be sure and remind him who you fancy wink

Me and DH are constantly engaged in competitive lusting. He loves KK (says he wants to feed her ), Nigella, Angelina Jolie and many more that I can't remember. I am always very vocal about Aidan Turner in Desperate Romantics, half the cast of the Tudors, Christian Bale and many more.

So long as he's not sayig it about your sister or something, I dont see the harm really

KerryMumbles Wed 12-Aug-09 14:16:20

the thing is this sort of remark rarely bothers me and I know how ridiculous it is. Nonetheless....KK?

ffs.

Disenchanted3 Wed 12-Aug-09 14:19:18

YABU I have to tell DH I would leave him for Hugh Jackman / Johnny Depp everytime we see their films grin

KK is horrid tho.

becstarlitsea Wed 12-Aug-09 14:23:38

Yes, I react similarly ie not bothered that DH lusts after the occasional sleb, but would be deeply offended if he lusted after any of the following:

Angelina Jolie, Keira Knightley, Posh, Katie Price, Kate Bosworth, Paris Hilton (those are just the ones I can think of now)

I second the RPJ comments [sigh]

earplugs Wed 12-Aug-09 14:30:24

The Tudors, Oh YES! Now we are talking......grin

MorningTownRide Wed 12-Aug-09 14:42:51

KK and her open gobbed pout...she looks gormless

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now