Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to not be impressed with Tesco's new 6 item policy

(12 Posts)
mehimandthekids Tue 11-Aug-09 00:14:29

So, me and the kids decide to make some crispy cakes and a large choc cake for daddy.

We go to tesco, and pick up 10 bars of 100g chocolate.Nothing special,just enough to make our projects!
Get to the check out and are told that Tesco's new policy is they wont sell any more than 6 identical items!
I was told my options were, either exchange 4 bars for higher cost branded chocolate or go without. I explained it was only chocolate not paracetamol or booze, and it was not on any special limited offer. So a superviser got called and eventually waved it through!. Stateing next time i have to go to customer serv to get permission to buy so many! And that it was a new thing for stock checking.

I am quite annoyed to think they can dictate my shopping! We are a family of 2+4 so more than 6 items is sometimes the norm.

Anyone else had this? - Or did Tesco's just take one look at me and decide i had had enough chocolate for one day??!!

kitkatqueen Tue 11-Aug-09 00:19:53

How Bizarre!!??

Prosecco Tue 11-Aug-09 00:21:01

Shocking!

Stretch Tue 11-Aug-09 00:21:35

I know that they limit special offers (fair enough), but this is very odd!

Tell them in future you will go for option 3: Taking my custom elsewhere!

lockets Tue 11-Aug-09 00:22:23

Message withdrawn

siouxsieandthebanshees Tue 11-Aug-09 00:22:26

What utter shite. Where do these companys get off.

Thunderduck Tue 11-Aug-09 00:23:16

To the best of my knowledge they've had a similar policy for at least a few years now, not that they advertise it.

DollyPS Tue 11-Aug-09 00:25:29

very odd

but then Tescos isnt my fav store

Stretch Tue 11-Aug-09 00:26:25

What about a family of seven buying a toothbrush each?? Or stocking up on tins of beans? Or buying those plastic plates for the garden that are about £1 each, I buy 8 of them at a time for BBQs etc..!! Or 8 individual apples...

<<slaps self>>

bruffin Tue 11-Aug-09 00:31:01

That has been their policy for many years. It's to stop people hoarding during times like petrol strikes etc

mehimandthekids Tue 11-Aug-09 00:45:31

Maybe -Do you suppose they saw me pull up in the car park and though i would hoard all the chocolate now incase there is a petrol strike and i cant get to Tesco's for a while?!
Mother of 4 = crazy = need chocolate ??

CyradisTheSeer Tue 11-Aug-09 00:51:37

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now