Talk

Advanced search

to suddenly be addicted to the Twilight saga, even though I am 34 and not 14?

(55 Posts)
Boobalina Mon 10-Aug-09 16:26:40

They arent even brilliantly written however, I cant stop reading them - its soooo sad! My DH keeps laughing at me calling me a sad teenager. The other day I finished the first book and then watched the movie for the first time straight after!....

teamcullen Mon 10-Aug-09 16:39:46

boobalina, your not on your own. There are plenty of us on here who are in love with the Twilight Saga.

What book are you up to?

StayFrosty Mon 10-Aug-09 16:43:02

lol, I read them voraciously one after the other even though they annoyed the bejesus out of me. I felt so cheap and dirty afterwards grin

Boobalina Mon 10-Aug-09 16:43:32

Just finshed the second one! Was thinking about having a bit of time of from reading the third one! I used to love all the Anne Rice books back in the 90's (I'm not a goth btw!)

Boobalina Mon 10-Aug-09 16:46:59

I know, they are sooo addictive - the character of Edward is a bit like a vampiric Mr Darcy!

StayFrosty Mon 10-Aug-09 16:49:06

Oh no, Edward is a vapid self absorbed pretty boy, only deep like a muddy puddle; he ain't no Mr Darcy and Bella is certainly no Lizzie, wash your mouth out woman, you go too far. grin

Boobalina Mon 10-Aug-09 16:51:23

ha ha SF, thats funny ;)

Just saw trailer for Time travellers wife - not sure it will be as totally brilliant as the book....

tinatutor Mon 10-Aug-09 16:51:48

ha ha...i read the first two...had to have a break and read a grown up book and then read the 3rd one.

the 2nd one is the best for me, I much prefer Jacob to Edward!

My friends, both intelligent 37yr old professionals, are in love with edward!

meep Mon 10-Aug-09 16:54:44

sad 38 year old here - have read all 4 books AND the draft of the first book from Edward's perspective online

sad
sad
sad

grin

Rosieeo Mon 10-Aug-09 16:57:19

I'm waiting to go back to school so I can get the next one out of the library! Have read the first two but can't quite bring myself to buy them. They are addictive though and remind me a little of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, so I can't resist. Haven't seen the film yet though.

teamcullen Mon 10-Aug-09 16:58:47

StayFrosty...How can you called Edward a self confessed little boy, he's definatly all man and so much more.

Im definatly Team Edward.

Jacob is just a spoilt Brat who likes to throw his toys out of his pram

Boobalina Mon 10-Aug-09 16:59:54

Whsmith are doing on offer on all 4 books - buy one get one free!

juneybean Mon 10-Aug-09 17:00:50

I looove Twilight!

Rosieeo you really have to see the movie, although (obviously) not as good as the books very nice to see them come alive!

Boobalina Mon 10-Aug-09 17:04:24

O what is the appeal of this teenage book to 30 year women?

StayFrosty Mon 10-Aug-09 17:04:51

He's rubbish! Him and Bella have the worst most boring conversations ever. I have no idea what they see in each other. 'ooh I love you' 'no I love you more' 'no I love you more' 'I'd die without you' 'oh don't do that, because then I'd want to die and how would you like it if I was dead?' 'I see your point'

They don't have a laugh together, they have no shared interests except gazing at their own navels, nothing about their relationship rings remotely true.

And I could never fancy someone who was cold to the touch. Ick.

Boobalina Mon 10-Aug-09 17:13:58

Dont spoil it for me - but its a bit lacking in the shag department - I imagine Edward to have a rather wonderful hard tool! (snigger)

Scorpette Mon 10-Aug-09 17:23:45

Am 36 and loooooove the Twilight series. Am thoroughly ashamed of myself; they're not very well-written and I hate the sexist and religious undertone of the gender roles and the whole no sex before marriage nonsense. But am still addicted. I went and saw the movie on my own when it came out - luckily I am a babyfaced shortarse, so no-one looked at me gone out wink

I call stuff like this 'craptastic'... and I can't get enough blush Have started on the Sookie Stackhouse series now; the books that have been turned into that 'True Blood' series. Don't get FX, so can't wait for it to come to Ch 4 this autumn grin That has plenty of near-knuckle shagging in it, so hurrah!

Boobalina Mon 10-Aug-09 17:25:06

Have been taping the True blood series so looking forward to a big session of watching a few back to back!

pjmama Mon 10-Aug-09 19:44:02

Its all been shit since Buffy finished...

juneybean Mon 10-Aug-09 19:48:23

Too true pjmama!

Sandy22 Mon 10-Aug-09 19:57:05

TeamCullen I'm Team Edward all the way - also Team RP who is just goregous!

I have read all the books more times than I care to mention, have them on my i-pod and also the soundtrack as well. I've also reading as much fanfic as I can get and I am in my 40's grin

frazzledgirl Mon 10-Aug-09 20:06:05

I enjoyed the first and second ones a lot.

The third one is bad.

The fourth one is so awful that I'm actually still cross about it.

cocolepew Mon 10-Aug-09 20:10:26

I painted DDs room yeserday which she promptly covered in Robert P posters.

She's 11, she has youth as an excuse.

wink

StayFrosty Mon 10-Aug-09 20:12:32

frazzledgirl I thought the fourth one was just awful as well. I thought the finale was a massive anti climax, and as for the other Big aspect of it (can't be specific as don't want to spoiler for Boobalina) well I lol'd in places, it was so dreadful.

sunfleurs Mon 10-Aug-09 20:49:43

YA so NBU. I too am Twilight addicted. I am in my mid thirties. People say those books are not well written but I wish I knew what Stephanie Meyer knows because she managed to make millions of women (many old enough to know better!) fall in love and become utterly obsessed with this story and its characters. I was actually depressed when I finished them. I love them.

I live in the same area as RP and I live in hope of bumping into him as we walk our dogs. Thats how much I know about him. I am like a teenager.

Team Edward all the way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now