Talk

Advanced search

to be fed up with hearing the 'f' word when out shopping

(10 Posts)
danthe4th Sun 09-Aug-09 11:28:10

I am fed up with shopping and having to listen to loud conversations from both girls and boys of all ages and they use the f word so frequently. Don't get me wrong I swear when i'm cross and it gets a point across or makes me feel better. But so many people seem to think its normal to swear in an everyday conversation.I'm often with young children and just feel its unnecessary.

cornsillk Sun 09-Aug-09 11:32:09

It's horrible isn't it.

ApplesinmyPocket Sun 09-Aug-09 11:39:31

Takes people twice as long to spit out a simple sentence these says with all the variations of F they feel they have to put in - noun, verb, adjective, adverb. (well, maybe not adverb?)

BigGobMum Sun 09-Aug-09 11:56:59

Unfortunately it seems to be like this everywhere.

squatchette Sun 09-Aug-09 12:03:41

YANBU to hate it I do too when used in this way.I have even said as much to teens at the local park when within earshot of my three dds 6 and under.
I have no qualms using my large and extensive vocab of swearwords when the need arises though! It's a matter of context I think.

gigglewitch Sun 09-Aug-09 12:09:44

spot on, danthe4th, I was thinking the same yesterday when I took all three of my dc (8,5&3yo) to the park, having had a Very Stern Conversation with ds1 the day before as he'd heard it and repeated it (to Grandpa shock who was Not Amused) every group of young teens we passed were effing every other word - and a selection of other tasteless vocabulary.
Our bike ride was rather a fast one...

Tidey Sun 09-Aug-09 12:12:20

I can't stand people who saying 'F**kin....' as a pause in a sentence when they're thinking of what to say next. You know, where most people would say 'um' or 'er..'. It can't just be me who's noticed people doing this?

yappybluedog Sun 09-Aug-09 13:31:03

I had this recently, waiting in the queue to get into the hellhole that is Plymouth Pavillions swimming pool

4 (quite burly) teenagers effing and whatnot behind us

I did turn around and shout "STOP SWEARING" which shocked them, but I couldn't take anymore grin they did stop though

HuffySpice Sun 09-Aug-09 14:11:28

I used to hate sitting in my sitting room or lying in bed and having loud Fs and Cs yelled clearly on the street outside. We moved.

PuppyMonkey Sun 09-Aug-09 14:15:27

YANBU, it's a bloody disgrace.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now