Talk

Advanced search

to be really cross with Primark

(16 Posts)
mdrooney Sat 08-Aug-09 20:18:25

DD1 went up oxford street with her pals on Monday, and lost her oyster travel card and told me she lost it in Primark, I was cross as its the third time in 6 months and just topped up with £20, anyway on the off chance phoned primark on tuesday morning and yes they had found it,and ready to be picked up so said I would come and pick it up in the next few days. dds gone up to Grandparents, so off I went today to cattlemarket sorry primark, quead for 30mins at customer services, then waited while they went to lost property to find it, 60 mins later store manger came and said sorry but its not there cant explain but its gone,it was written in lost property book as being found am really angry as was waste of my day, and will now cost me £10 to get her a new one, its not so much as the money but a waste of my day and they didnt sem that botherd

pinkspottywellies Sat 08-Aug-09 20:20:13

Surely if they have it listed as found they will pay for a new one? Did you suggest this at the time? (Although I wouldn't blame you if you didn't think and just wanted to get the hell out of there!!)

mdrooney Sat 08-Aug-09 20:28:18

I was really cross and sort of sugested that they pay for a new one but I had lost the will to live by this point,I left my name and no and email and said I wanted customer compaints to get in touch, but really felt as I was being fobed off by this point. not sure how to proceed or is it worth it.

Paolosgirl Sat 08-Aug-09 20:32:00

Def. worth it - contact Head Office, tell them that you want the cost to replace it at the very least, otherwise you'll be contacting the Police.

Completely understand why you wanted to escape though!

TheChilliMooseisReading Sat 08-Aug-09 20:45:00

Another reason to avoid going into Primark grin

Seriously, I think Paolosgirl is right and you should contact Head Office. Out of goodwill, Primark should reimburse you for the lost item, and ideally for travel expanses/inconvenience for you having to waste a day going there.

It might help to suggest to them that it must be a member of their staff that has taken it and therefore they have an untrustworthy person handling cash working for them.

leftangle Sat 08-Aug-09 23:07:26

Agree about Primark. Have you registered your Oystercard? I lost one and let them know and they replaced it with all the credit and cancelled the lost one.

mdrooney Sat 08-Aug-09 23:43:20

Leftangle, the student oyster is diffrent its a photo card, and its a tennar to replace, if it hasnt been used we might get the top up back, this is the third time in 6 months tht dd has lost it, but thought this time we had found it,it was just a waste of my time today, I spent nearly 2 hours in primark to be told they couldnt find it

MissSunny Sun 09-Aug-09 00:46:50

Message withdrawn

savoycabbage Sun 09-Aug-09 00:50:28

Agree with MissSunny. You should ask Primark to give you the money but you should keep it and get your dd to pay for another card as she keeps loosing them.

lockets Sun 09-Aug-09 00:54:52

Message withdrawn

Tee2072 Sun 09-Aug-09 02:31:04

While I'd be cross that it wasn't there, I'd be more cross that it took them an hour to tell me that!! I'd definitely speak to head office.

mdrooney Sun 09-Aug-09 09:39:18

dd knows that she has to pay for this one, as after the last time she lost it, I said if she lost it again she would have to pay for a new one, but its more that I wasted my day yesterday, didnt really want to go up oxford street didnt have money to spend, so it was a waste of my saturday

babyignoramus Sun 09-Aug-09 13:53:42

Write to head office and give them a bullet point run down of your expenses:

1. Lost (presumably stolen) Oyster card
2. Top up
3. Travel expenses for your wasted journey
4. Wasted time (1 1/2 hours! shock) waiting for them to tell you it had been 'lost'

And don't tell them you'd appreciate a reply. Tell them you 'await their prompt reply'. Works every time!

undomesticatedgoddess Sun 09-Aug-09 14:18:32

YANBU

A member of staff has stolen the card.

For what it's worth a friend of mine wrote to primark head office to complain about a member of staff a couple of weeks ago. Staff member prodded my friends belly and told her she looked fat in the pencil skirt shock (she's not fat BTW)

She got a prompt apology and £100 of primark vouchers. Reckon she'll have to hire a truck to get all the clothes home if she spends it all at once grin

Nancy66 Sun 09-Aug-09 14:54:57

Not only do they need to pay you for the lost card they must also reimburse you for your travel expenses.

stleger Sun 09-Aug-09 15:14:09

(My dd1 fainted in the handbag section of Penneys, the Irish wing of Primark. They looked after her, helped her friend contact ds who was in a cinema nearby, rang me, and stayed in contact until she was picked up).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now