Talk

Advanced search

To be livid with DH for purely selfish reasons

(14 Posts)
Rollergirl1 Fri 07-Aug-09 20:47:19

I'm being very good at the moment and steering clear of alcohol during the week. Trouble is I am absolutely gasping for some wine come friday. Have been at a kids party today and didn't get home till 6.00. Kids were tired and grumpy and bored of being in the car so didn't feel I could extend the journey to get some wine. Haven't been able to get hold of DH atall to ask him to bring some in. He just called, absolutely twatted, has met a mate for a drink after work (which he didn't tell me about) and is still in london. This wouldn't bother me usually but means I will have to wait at least another hour before I can go out and get some and that makes me very very angry.

AIBU?

slowreadingprogress Fri 07-Aug-09 20:49:21

YANBU!

It is Friday and you want wine - you should have wine!

bigchris Fri 07-Aug-09 20:50:35

yanbu

its awful to look forward to something and then not get it

i would be saintly and go to bed early tonight and tomo organise a night with the girls and get wastex grin

FabBakerGirlIsBack Fri 07-Aug-09 20:51:17

YABU

It sounds like you might be a bit too reliant on the alcohol that you feel "angry" that you have to wait for an hour to get some wine.

LadyOfWaffle Fri 07-Aug-09 20:54:42

agree with bakergirl....

FabBakerGirlIsBack Fri 07-Aug-09 20:55:20

<faints>

LOW grin

bigchris Fri 07-Aug-09 20:56:14

guys shes given up in the week
give her a break!

Rollergirl1 Fri 07-Aug-09 20:57:51

BigChris: I would love to do that but we are going out together tomorrow night to celebrate our anniversary. That's the other thing, our big night has now been pre-empted a teeny bit.

FabBakerGirl: I think it's mainly to do with the fact I'm abstaining Mon through to Fri. It's one of the things I look forward to.

lizziemun Fri 07-Aug-09 21:03:43

YANBU

And i don't even drink grin.

Boys2mam Fri 07-Aug-09 21:22:52

YA absolutely NBU

What age are ur kids? Why couldn't you pop out to your local and buy a bottle?

I am by no means an al-co-frolic but some nights I would love a glass or three.

I would be v v frustrated that I did not have some supplies wine and stupid selfish blokey did not think I may need some if he stayed out later than planned.

minxofmancunia Fri 07-Aug-09 21:28:05

YANBU, I'm always gagging on Fri night after a week of little or no booze, I look forward to it, it's my treat esp since I can't often go out at the weekend anymore which i still miss 3 years down the line.

At least in the future you'll always know to be prepared grin

sneekpeeks Fri 07-Aug-09 21:44:22

Hes got his, you need yours !!!!

Rollergirl1 Fri 07-Aug-09 21:44:36

Kids are 3 and 1 and were in bed so was completely out of the question me popping out.

DH has just got in and is bouncing off the walls. He's been out since lunchtime and is switching between talking gibberish and being all little boy lost to belligerent teenager that thinks nothing is fair. It's quite difficult to remain angry with someone you can run rings around. Heh. grin

thefatladyscreams Fri 07-Aug-09 22:03:12

YANBU

Hope the children wake him up nice and early grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now