Talk

Advanced search

to think my dh should know what I am studying?

(13 Posts)
leothelioness Wed 05-Aug-09 19:29:41

We were just having a conversation and dh and I was talking about future careers and dh said 'oh but I thought you were studying business' when I have been studying science part-time for the last 4 years. AIBU to want to throttle him?angry

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 05-Aug-09 19:30:21

Have you ever told him what you were studying?

SammyK Wed 05-Aug-09 19:30:35

shock is he usually so unobservant? YANBU

MamaLazarou Wed 05-Aug-09 19:35:16

YANBU - that would upset me too.

leothelioness Wed 05-Aug-09 19:40:59

yes I have told him but he also posts half of my assignments and scans in diagrams etc so I cannot believe that he didnot ever notice but just from the look on his face I know he was not pulling my leg. Now I feel quite upset.

allaboutme Wed 05-Aug-09 19:46:40

I'd be upset too. If you care about someone you should show at least a little interest in big parts of their life.
Ask him how he would feel if you didnt have a clue what he did for a living.

MIAonline Wed 05-Aug-09 19:54:45

TBH, I would be upset, but if you have been studying part time for 4 years and you have only just realised he doesn't know, you are both clearly not talking enough grin

leothelioness Wed 05-Aug-09 20:08:10

I think you may be right MIA the problem is our converstions usually revolve around major current changes in his job and/or the kids.
I was just shocked that he didnot know as I am sure even my MIL know what I am studying.

edam Wed 05-Aug-09 20:11:49

Wow. The Boy Scouts would have to cross to a parallel universe and create a Badge for the Unobservant to deal with this situation, I feel. Like the reverse of the Observers Book of... series (birds, I remember, but am sure there must have been others).

leothelioness Wed 05-Aug-09 20:45:47

lol at the badge for unobservant (stores this away as a jibe for dh being unobservant)

mamas12 Wed 05-Aug-09 22:39:51

poor you, what a shock, how bloody insulting.
I'm speechless on your behalf.
You need to do a quiz for him now on everything about you and see how he scores

GibbonInARibbon Wed 05-Aug-09 22:44:00

rofl edam

peppapighastakenovermylife Thu 06-Aug-09 08:12:53

Lol - my DH is the same and I have just kind of learnt to live with it. He certainly wont forget again will he! I think he should be made to proof read lots of work for you wink

On a positive note though - he was interested in your career, he scans things in for you...he is just a tad unobservant smile

My DH hasnt got a clue what my phd is about (actually, Im not sure I have clue what my phd is about and Im submitting in a few weeks time). Nor does my mum - she rang me last week to tell me she had been telling her friend all about my phd examining food allergies in children.

No mum, that would be my phd in breastfeeding. I think she is so scared of breastfeeding and thinks Im so odd that she has created a whole new phd for me...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now