Talk

Advanced search

To have kicked DSs out into the street with their scooters

(9 Posts)
SoupDragon Wed 05-Aug-09 14:14:47

... so I can have a cup of tea and an entire a slice of lemon drizzle cake in peace? With no bickering, no TV and no DS Litess in the background.

They are 10 & 8 though, not little.

bigchris Wed 05-Aug-09 14:15:49

yanbu

enjoy your cake smile

deaddei Wed 05-Aug-09 14:17:04

No you are not!!!
Have two slices...
i took ds and friend to Ham House this morning, mainly so I could have a coffee and a piece of coffee cake- sent them off to do "the trail" and told them to come back in an hour. Lovely- had 2 coffees and finished my book in peace.

SoupDragon Wed 05-Aug-09 14:18:08

Oh FFS! They're back! Children have NO STAMINA these days.

SoupDragon Wed 05-Aug-09 14:18:58

They are, apparently, "fed up with walking up the hill"

deaddei Wed 05-Aug-09 14:21:56

Lock the door and pretend you are having a lie down.

Buda Wed 05-Aug-09 14:24:05

I feel your pain. I have just shut door to study so I can have 5 mins peace and DS is sitting on the floor right outside the door with the dog and keeps wanting me to come and look at something he is doing. I have a chocolate cake in the oven for DS's birthday which is today and the power went off for a 30 secs but the oven didn't come back on so had to rejig the sodding oven and because the cake wasn;t ready had to cancel an appointment with a dermatologist for this afternoon. And DS is just being a pain all day and it is his birthday and I have already made him cry. Sigh.

cat64 Wed 05-Aug-09 14:32:57

Message withdrawn

SoupDragon Wed 05-Aug-09 14:37:00

[nauseous]

Um... no, you can't have any.

<<brushes crumbs from keyboard>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now