Talk

Advanced search

to have left a veruca for 7 years...

(11 Posts)
babybarrister Wed 05-Aug-09 14:04:51

I once had one frozen off as a child - agony- so I have just left this one, sometimes "treating" it with Bazuca etc - all highly ineffectual.

Is it OK just to accept we can co-exist?!

Wanderingsheep Wed 05-Aug-09 14:10:07

When dd was a baby, a lady from the chiropodists (or was it the podiatrists?) anyway she came to talk about babies feet. She said that the best thing to do with a verruca is to leave it. Eventually your body will kill it. Maybe file it every once in a while?

Wanderingsheep Wed 05-Aug-09 14:12:30

She came to mum and baby group btw, not just randomly to my house! hmm

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Wed 05-Aug-09 14:17:39

YANBU. I had ishoos with veruccas until I was about 21. Always had several until I got 50+ on my right foot (not exaggerating) it was like the virus had gone a bit mutated and wrong. The doctor said no point freezing them as I'd be there once a week for years so I left them. One day I just noticed my foot was normal - after about 15 years my body had killed the virus. I'm sure yours will eventually! There's nothing wrong with you - I never bothered about it, including verucca socks blush

abraid Wed 05-Aug-09 14:35:54

I've had one for 14 years at least. I just file it down occasionally. It's like an old friend.

babybarrister Thu 06-Aug-09 09:34:06

good - my thoughts entirely! just did not want to think I was doing myself some long term damage ....

Buda Thu 06-Aug-09 09:35:38

I did read somewhere that tea-tree oil applied every day can get rid of warts. Maybe worth a try.

wasabipeas Thu 06-Aug-09 15:01:08

Seconding buda's tea tree oil reccomendation
I had one for years and years and years
Tried bazooka, tried freezing, nothing worked
Eventually used tea tree oil every day and it just disappeared

FedUpWithRainyDevon Thu 06-Aug-09 15:03:12

Sounds weird but try rubbing a banana skin (outside and inside) on it, for a few days running. It was recommended to me years ago and worked a treat on one that I couldn't get rid of any other way (might have been a coincidence I suppose but I'd had it for AGES!)

Let me know if you are trying it! grin

Meglet Thu 06-Aug-09 15:04:25

I went to a podiatrist last time I had one and it was zapped in 2 visits within 2 weeks. Although it was £40 a session (this was before I had dc's) so it's not cheap.

littlebrownmouse Thu 06-Aug-09 15:14:27

I'm 37, I've had them constantly since I was 7. I've had all manner of (sometimes painful) treatment, none of which worked. I've had them burned, filed, gouged and painted and all chiropodists who i speak to say "its really not worth bothering, they'll go of their own accord, they are infectious but cannot be contained so it makes no odds whether you cover them up at swimming or not as the virus is everywhere, ignore them unless they are painful."
I have fewer now than I've had for about 25 years, so hopefully they're coming to theend of their natural life!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now