Talk

Advanced search

To think my son is being silly

(14 Posts)
JillyJillySOS Wed 05-Aug-09 09:09:19

Son is quite shy but met a girl at the weekend and got talking, swapped numbers and got a text so replied, this went on over a few day with text getting from the girl getting more and more frequent, son got a bit worried and stopped answering but they kept coming for a while, son is not worried about seeing girl again as she clearly likes him a lot more the he likes her but he does not want to hurt her feeling by saying she read too much in to a chat and a swapping of numbers. He is 19 BTW.

lou031205 Wed 05-Aug-09 09:10:38

YABU, he sounds very sensitive.

Tommy Wed 05-Aug-09 09:18:21

not silly at all! the girl is being silly - she shouls have a bit more pride than to chase a boy around like that(she should read "The Rules")

skyblu Wed 05-Aug-09 09:21:43

This sounds familiar to a thread I read the other day...only with a 'shoe on other foot' twist

hmm

cocolepew Wed 05-Aug-09 09:23:04

Me too skyblu.

LynetteScavo Wed 05-Aug-09 09:28:55

Yes...well.... that girl is feling crushed and rejected, aparently.

Why on earth would you think your son is being silly?

KIMItheThreadSlayer Wed 05-Aug-09 19:57:19

hmm

LynetteScavo Wed 05-Aug-09 23:35:33

Er...excuse me KIM, ...I had already slayed this thread this morning....grin

cornsillk Wed 05-Aug-09 23:38:18

I am soooo glad I am not that age any more! Your ds soun ds lovely.

SlartyBartFast Wed 05-Aug-09 23:40:38

she sounds like a 12 year old!
crazy girl

HecatesTwopenceworth Sat 08-Aug-09 21:52:47

Sorry, but I don't see how stopping replying to texts without any explanation is "lovely". Surely "lovely" would be to be straight with her? Just ignoring her texts and leaving her wondering what's going on isn't lovely, is it? Or am I missing something?

slowreadingprogress Sat 08-Aug-09 22:01:11

well her feelings are less hurt by him actually having the courage to say "don't read anything into me texting I don't have time for a girlfriend" or something straight like that, than they are from being blanked and ignored when you were having a 'conversation' by text

Just stopping replying is not going to stop her feelings being hurt, is it? She would be quite entitled to think he was interested if he gave her his number.

bigchris Sat 08-Aug-09 22:05:34

god do teenagers really tell their mums this stuff?

screamingabdab Sat 08-Aug-09 22:50:10

Hmm. What's going on here?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now