Talk

Advanced search

To give ds ice cream for breakfast?

(13 Posts)
TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Wed 05-Aug-09 08:13:04

We all have colds at the moment, and ds is sounding very hoarse and coughing a lot. He has asked for ice cream, and I think it might be quite nice if he has a sore throat.

What does the MN Jury think? AIBU? He usually has Weetabix and fruit, or toast, or something else sensible.

TigerDrivesAgain Wed 05-Aug-09 08:15:47

good grief, you ought to have been up for hours knitting your own muesli and milking your organic goat dontcha know.

Yes, give him the icecream.

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Wed 05-Aug-09 08:18:04

I have been up for hours <<steely glare>> with ill children.

wink

bookswapper Wed 05-Aug-09 08:19:55

of course
poor wee lamb

and put a flake in it from me!

(same here in this house, we are all ill too)

LoveBeingAMummy Wed 05-Aug-09 08:20:02

Give it to him and then back to bed if he will

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Wed 05-Aug-09 08:22:59

He probably won't go back to bed, but a nice quiet day in front of CBeebies is in order, methinks.

I may get some train tracks out later. My mum is coming, so that will be good.

He has now vanished two balls of ice cream and has modified the request to cake and ice cream. I said no.

seeker Wed 05-Aug-09 08:27:50

So long as it's home made from milk from your own organically reared goats, eggs from your own free range chickens and sweetened with honey from your own hives it should be all right. IF it's served in you own hand thrown bowls. And frozen in a churn that you have been turning by hand for the last 6 hours.

peppapighastakenovermylife Wed 05-Aug-09 08:28:33

Lol at him pushing his luck! grin

Definitely the right decision in my opinion grin

seeker Wed 05-Aug-09 08:29:38

To be serious - before you flop in front of cbeebies, chuck some orange juice lollies in the freezer. Perfect for sore throats and coughs.

IsItMeOr Wed 05-Aug-09 08:36:06

smile at the request modification. Think the ice cream must have helped!

TAFKAtheUrbanDryad Wed 05-Aug-09 08:41:33

No orange juice blush - would Ribena work?

I am woefully unprepared for illness in this house, because they are rarely ill. But then when they are ill I think it's worse because they're not used to it IYSWIM.

seeker Wed 05-Aug-09 08:54:00

Mine are like that too - huge drama and consumtive drooping on the sofa at the hint of a sniffle!

Ribena would be fine. Plain ice is fine too - it's the icyness that's important. Orange juice has the edge because it gives a bit of vitamin C too. it's a good alternative to ice cream because some children get more mucous-y with dairy products.

GoldenSnitch Wed 05-Aug-09 09:00:56

My 2 year old DS requested "crispies and squash" for breakfast after rejecting the crumpets with honey I made him and ending up in tears - but he's had a fever for 2 days so if it makes him feel better then I'm all for it!

The smile when I said OK was worth it alone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now