Talk

Advanced search

to find bbc news disturbing due to several scenes of violent beatings when once would have conveyed the message just fine?

(4 Posts)
pellmell Tue 04-Aug-09 22:41:31

I know why it is necessary to show such scenes but does it really require showing four similar scenes of a violent nature during one news story?
During a news story about criminal behavior of police in India they showed about four scenes. All were of men being violently beaten and all were shown seperately (covered my eyes only to have to cover them again seconds later)
I know I'm a softy but I genuinely don't believe they needed to pad out the visual imagery with more of the same brutality!

paisleyleaf Tue 04-Aug-09 22:56:11

They do get carried away now.
I thought that about the waterboarding when that was in the news a lot ....they didn't need to keep showing it.

onagar Tue 04-Aug-09 23:54:39

I think they do it to make it 'exciting' which is wrong, but I wouldn't stop them because there are good reasons for people to see just how bad it is.

knockedgymnast Wed 05-Aug-09 23:08:26

I'm exactly the same pellmell, it really is disturbing but as pointed out, sometimes that's the only way to get the message across.

It makes me feel really sad but also grateful for the freedoms I have.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now