Talk

Advanced search

to be somewhat peeved with the bus driver's comment to my DS?

(13 Posts)
hatesponge Tue 04-Aug-09 21:41:10

My DSs got the bus today on their own - I put them on at this end, at the other end they walked to DS2's childminder (almost next to the bus stop) then DS1 walked to his friend's house a couple of streets away.

Anyway, whilst on the bus, the driver apparently said to DS1

' Don't look at me like that. I'll let you off this time but if you give me another look I'll throw you off the bus' shock

DS1 is not perfect. But he is generally well behaved, certainly in front of other adults. I don't think he was making it up, especially as it was actually DS2 who told me about it, and DS1 then confirmed what happened.

I asked DS1 whether he did anything & he said he honestly doesn't think so, he said he was looking out of the window not at the driver so really doesn't know why she said anything to him.

Have told boys to let me know if it's the same driver tomorrow so I can say something, but am wondering whether I should complain? Or just let it lie? It just seems really mean to me to say something like that - DS1 was worried she would throw him off & he would be late for his friend & in trouble with me

DS1 is 11, DS2 is 8 btw.

twigsblankets Tue 04-Aug-09 21:44:00

Sounds a rather strange thing for a bus driver to say hmm

Are your DC sure it was definitely directed at them and they heard right?

I don't understand why a bus driver would be so offended at anyone looking at her. hmm

hatesponge Tue 04-Aug-09 21:54:03

From what DSs have said it was the way hmm DS1 was looking at her that she seemed to be unhappy with - I know it seems totally weird but it has worried both of them. They are quite (healthily) respectful of adults, so wouldn't just think nutter & just dismiss it.

They think it was directed at them - they were the only ones sitting near the front of the bus, and tbh, pretty much everyone else on this bus is over 65, we refer to it as the pensioners express

twigsblankets Tue 04-Aug-09 22:32:00

In that case YADNBU!!

I'd be tempted to go hear her side of the story tomorrow.

girlsyearapart Tue 04-Aug-09 22:43:37

YANBU and it reminded me of when I was about 13 (with a mega set of knockers!) got on the bus and told driver how old I was. He said 'Alright love and I got a banana boat to work today!' and made me pay adult fare..

mananny Tue 04-Aug-09 22:52:41

That happened to me at age 12 too! I developed early and no one believed I was only 12, it was pretty hellish

edam Tue 04-Aug-09 22:55:50

Could you go with them on the bus tomorrow, just to reassure them?

All sounds v. odd, if your kids have understood the driver correctly and nothing else happened then it seems she was being a right old mardy arse.

girlsyearapart Wed 05-Aug-09 21:31:50

Yes mananny the boobies grew pretty much overnight at age 12 and still don't seem to have stopped 18 years later!

LovelyTinOfSpam Wed 05-Aug-09 21:49:33

One of my friends who developed early and hugely had a bus driver say he'd let her off her fare if he could have a feel. She was 13. FFS.

hatesponge that sounds nuts of the driver. Some are nuts though unfortunately. Going with them to reassure them sounds like a plan. Not sure you can complain to the company as nothing actually happened IYKWIM. Also not sure talking to the driver sounds all that great (but i am pretty feeble with that sort of thing). if she is a loon then it won't help. If she was in a bad mood that day then she probably won't do it again...

gero Wed 05-Aug-09 21:50:36

Contact the bus company ASAP.
What a terrible thing to say to a little boy of 11. Go with them next time and see how things are on the bus.
Your DC should not be spoken to like that from anyone.
I would be furious if anyone threatened my DC with throwing them off the bus.angryDon't let this conduct go unchallenged!!!

MissSunny Wed 05-Aug-09 22:19:01

Message withdrawn

knockedgymnast Wed 05-Aug-09 22:24:40

Teenage boy out of order for pushing lil old ladies!

Bus driver out of order for being a twat!!

Ripeberry Wed 05-Aug-09 22:32:37

That bus driver sounds stressed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now