Talk

Advanced search

AIB entirely unreasonable to want the following for dinner...

(23 Posts)
PavlovtheForgetfulCat Tue 04-Aug-09 19:59:43

mashed potato and sweet potato with spinach mixed in, covered in gravy, and nothing else?

I was going to have a pie, veggies, mash. But all I want is mash, or a big bowl of rice with curry sauce but only the sauce hmm.

Should I make myself eat something more nutritious?

OldLadyKnowsNothing Tue 04-Aug-09 20:01:12

It's comfort food. It won't hurt for one day, and in any case includes veggies. Go ahead.

Tillyscoutsmum Tue 04-Aug-09 20:01:49

Nah - A little of what you fancy etc.... I've quite often indulged in just a pile of cheesy mash when pg. I've got a real hankering after chips and curry sauce from the chinese take away blush

KIMItheThreadSlayer Tue 04-Aug-09 20:03:31

Are you pregnant?

YANBU at all go for it

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Tue 04-Aug-09 20:03:40

Tilly - I was going to have cheese, could not decide between cheese or gravy. cheese might not go with sweet potato though...

Oh god even a simple decision is complicated for me atm!

amigababy Tue 04-Aug-09 20:04:23

it sounds lovely - go for it

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Tue 04-Aug-09 20:05:49

KIM yes, 24 wks today. I could see it as like a celebration eh?

Tillyscoutsmum Tue 04-Aug-09 20:05:56

Add cheese - think of the protein smile Imho, there are not many foods that aren't improved by the addition of cheese [desperate for a hunk of Brie emoticon]

KembleTwins Tue 04-Aug-09 20:06:41

Cheese does go well with sweet potato - I like sweet pot, baked in the oven, then insides scooped out, mixed with bacon, sweetcorn and spring onion, then sprinkled with cheese, popped back in the oven, and served with a blob of creme fraiche. Yum. Am hungry now.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Tue 04-Aug-09 20:07:58

I might miss out the sweet potato, and do cheese, you have convinced me. But I will still have gravy though!

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Tue 04-Aug-09 20:08:57

Kemble - does it? Ohhh that does sound quite nice! I might have that tomorrow!

Oh now I don't know whether to add the sweet potato or not....decisions decisions!

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Tue 04-Aug-09 22:07:13

i had the lot - potato, sweet potato, spinach, cheese all mashed together and drowned in a pool of thick gravy.

Mmmmmmm. grin

Tillyscoutsmum Wed 05-Aug-09 08:30:04

Sounds yummy. I had sausages, eggs, chips and beans blush After going right off food for the first 15 weeks, I am now eating like a total pig and will be the size of a small country by the time the baby arrives shock

<<Adds sweet potatoes to the shopping list>>

seaturtle Wed 05-Aug-09 14:31:51

Yummy! I craved sweet potato too.

monkeyfeathers Wed 05-Aug-09 14:34:20

It sounds like a decent enough meal to me. You want to put spinach in it! So what if it doesn't have any pie?

GrendelsMum Wed 05-Aug-09 14:34:51

I just ate leftover mash with leftover cauliflower curry for lunch. YANBU.

Mintyy Wed 05-Aug-09 14:36:00

Omg - that is a feast! Sometimes my dinner amounts to no more than a packet of crisps. Honestly, don't worry about it smile.

Sunshinemummy Wed 05-Aug-09 14:36:39

Have what you like. I always indulge myself when pregnant.

giraffesCantCatchSwineFlu Wed 05-Aug-09 14:37:44

Pavlov as you as you are eating and keeping in down then eat what you want. So nice to see you posting about eating grin

Tidey Wed 05-Aug-09 14:44:48

Provided you don't do what I did and eat whatever you like, whenever you like, through two pregnancies, rationalising it as 'Oh well, my body's going to be ruined anyway, let's eat cake'. I am now 2 1/2 stone heavier than I was pre-children and have a horrible wrinkled saggy belly.

Other than that, treat yourself. It doesn't sound as unhealthy as the all the takeaways and cakes I ate anyway grin

MoonIsATiredSlayer Wed 05-Aug-09 15:10:28

Tilly you don't need to be pregnant to crave chips and curry sauce! mmmmmm.

PavlovtheForgetfulCat Thu 06-Aug-09 14:45:37

Cheers all it was lovely! Giraffe it is good to want to eat again, only unwell every other day or so and (shhhhh) have not taken meds for 4 days! I have a thing for mash now though...really want it, ALL the time!

Stigaloid Thu 06-Aug-09 14:47:34

Sounds yum. I need to stop indulging as i have put on a ridiculous amount of weight and am now afraid of my scales.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now