Talk

Advanced search

AIBU when I would like to employ a cleaner and hubby says the kids should do it.

(12 Posts)
DollyPS Tue 04-Aug-09 19:22:16

I have a large family our chose of course but we came together as a blended family and have now moved to a bigger house(rented) I want more help and said what of a cleaner then as we have 5 bedrooms in said property.

I know I stay at home but this house is huge and there isnt enough hours in the day for it all and what does the H say get the kids to help more then.

Ok they have their chores and to keep rooms clean but why should they do more.

Uriel Tue 04-Aug-09 19:23:44

How much does your husband do?

OldLadyKnowsNothing Tue 04-Aug-09 19:24:57

How much spare cash is there? How old are the DC?

K999 Tue 04-Aug-09 19:25:22

Tell him to fuck off and hire a cleaner! gringrin I have a cleaner and have 2 dcs. It is a fairly large house and we both work ft. WOuld be toiling without her as she does it properly. Dd1 is 9 and would perhaps attempt but I would have to re-do it!

rookiemater Tue 04-Aug-09 19:26:49

Depends. How many children and what age ?

thisisyesterday Tue 04-Aug-09 19:29:04

oh that;s such a man response!

i have a tiny 3 bed house and 3 kids, am a sahm, and you know what i want a cleaner too.
because quite frankly i'd rather be spending my time with the children than cleaning the damn house all day.
and it's all well and good him sayingget them to do it, but all that means is that you have the hassle of trying to make them do it!

if yuo have the money then do it!

nellie12 Tue 04-Aug-09 19:30:01

yeah I'd get the kids to do a bit more inbetween having the cleaner once a week or whatever. The cleaner will do a proper job and wont need nagging - unlike the kids. Unless dh is proposing he do all the nagging and hanging over of reluctant kids while you bugger off and do something infinitely more interesting sans kids!

katiestar Tue 04-Aug-09 19:36:16

Why should the kids have to help clean the house ??? Surely you are kidding I just don't know where to start with this one ?

juuule Tue 04-Aug-09 19:38:49

How many children and how old are they?

But that aside - if you feel better with outside help and can afford it then why not?

CloudDragon Tue 04-Aug-09 19:42:38

I would do both.

Kids should learn to clean. They learn lots of skills in doing so. Including organisation, about how to use a hoover/wash up etc. i find it amazing when I met children that are totally inept at soing basics like washing a plate or wiping a table.

On the other hand it is pita getting kids to do stuff and if you can afford a cleaner by all means get one!

CloudDragon Tue 04-Aug-09 19:43:19

'doing basics' (like spelling!)

DollyPS Tue 04-Aug-09 20:31:35

Kids are 3 are 12 and 2 are 16 all still at school except youngest as he is homeschooled. 1 other lad at 20 he works full time as does the hubby.

We can afford the cleaner but he thinks the kids should do more and I think not and want a cleaner in.

So I am busy as well all day with the youngest when in school mode as its the hols the now but its not as if I sit on my ass all day with him.

Oh the kids do learn from their chores as I didnt want them thinking its just mum that cleans many boys in the household and ex husband thought it beneath him to lift anything in the cleaning department. His mothers fault and she would admit that to your face these days.

cleaner it is hope she likes dogs now LOL!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now