Talk

Advanced search

to sit here and weep pathetically?

(41 Posts)
Greensleeves Sun 02-Aug-09 23:21:58

dh has taken the boys camping for a week with the woodcraft folk

my dad/uncle are at a local folk festival

I am neither camping with the boys nor enjoying child-free music time with my dad, because I am STILL ill and so am staying at home

which in itself is OK - I'm a bit nervy about being alone at night [wuss] but on the whole I can use the time alone, it's nice to have a bit of peace and quiet

dh left in a disorganised flurry, I have been ill for weeks so the house is an absolute shitheap and I am planning on tackling it tomorrow

he left me a bit of cash and his bank card (I've lost my pin for mine, and his is the one registered with Tesco online) so I can order food for the week for myself

I just spent 40 minutes ordering nice conforting food for myself - tried to check it out and it wants 3 characters of dh's natwest secure password

which I don't know

and his mobile is off

so I am going to lose my delivery slot and will have to survive on one weightwatcher's ready meal and some cup-a-soup until I can get hold of dh and get the bloody password

I don't want to ask a friend to help out because frankly I'm ashamed of the state the house is in and don't want anyone coming in blush

AIBU to sit here and feel sorry for myself?

kormachameleon Sun 02-Aug-09 23:23:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 02-Aug-09 23:24:19

sad It'll be OK. Just breathe. It's only until later/tomorrow so it'll be fine. The house can wait, environmental health are not going to come knocking on your door.

mumblechum Sun 02-Aug-09 23:24:52

Ooooooh shit.

Where are you? Dh has also taken ds off camping today leaving me in the house alone with a mahoosive freezer full of stuff he over ordered. You'd be welcome to come & get whatever you need. I'm in Bucks.

Greensleeves Sun 02-Aug-09 23:27:04

I'm in Devon Mumblechum, but thanks anywaygrin

actually there is dried stuff, rice/pasta/pulses/spices etc, and a bit of fruit in the kitchen, I'm not going to starve. It's just bloody annoying and I am feeling fragile anyway.

moodlumthehoodlum Sun 02-Aug-09 23:28:05

Oh dear.

I bloody hate those further security checks on cards, they always catch me out and make me cry over wasted time.

If its any consolation, my house is a shit heap too.

HolyGuacamole Sun 02-Aug-09 23:28:07

Aw it never rains but it pours huh sad YANBU. Your delivery slot will probably still be there in the morning I'd think. Can you save your basket, get hold of your DH first thing and do it then?

In the meantime, just relax and don't worry too much about it. Once you get the shopping in and do a little bit of tidying up you'll feel much better and be better able to enjoy some peace and quiet.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 02-Aug-09 23:30:40

You can change the password if you know his details, it just asks for date of birth IIRC, click on 'forgotten password' and follow the destructions.

I forget mine all the time so it gets changed every time I do the shopping! grin

Greensleeves Sun 02-Aug-09 23:33:37

I did try that Fluffy, but for some reason it wouldn't let me - I put all the details in that it asked for, but it wouldn't accept it

no idea why

I wish dh had thought to leave me the password!

cheesesarnie Sun 02-Aug-09 23:34:45

yanbusad poor greeny!weep away.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 02-Aug-09 23:34:50

sad It'll be OK.

Yurtgirl Sun 02-Aug-09 23:35:20

Poor you greeny, you hsve been ill for toooooo long now

You need a refund

Seriously I hope tommorrow is better, at least you will be able to mope quietly in bed without kids to bother you

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 02-Aug-09 23:35:22

You could register with Ocado instead. They are better, Tesco prices.

cheesesarnie Sun 02-Aug-09 23:35:26

where in devon?were just over the bordergrin in north cornwall

ClaudiaSchiffer Sun 02-Aug-09 23:37:05

Poor you, being ill for ages is utterly depressing. Don't stress about the house. I'm absolutely bursting with health and my house looks like a shit heap at times grin. Look forward to a quiet relaxing week, potter around and do one or two things a day, gradually get your house under control - IMPORTANTLY - Without anyone else messing it up again!

Can you arrange for a friend to come over later in the week to give you a hand if it all feels a bit much?

Silver1 Mon 03-Aug-09 00:33:02

CAPITALS-that's why it may not accept your information.

Could you register with Sainsburys or Ocado and get some shopping that way?

Weep away, and if you can drink then drown your sorrows, it's pretty grim

wildfig Mon 03-Aug-09 08:10:06

The password isn't the three digits on the back of the card, on the signature strip, is it? Worth a try??

GoldenSnitch Mon 03-Aug-09 08:18:20

I order with Tesco's all the time. They ask for the card security code which is the 3 digits on the back of the card on the signature strip...

I hope that's it for you.

HolyGuacamole Mon 03-Aug-09 08:41:02

With my cards, it's a password you set up independently when you recieve the card. After you have entered the card details and the 3 digit number from the back, it takes you to a seperate page where you enter certain digits from this other password. It's like an extra bit of security but I think only certain cards have this.

Greensleeves Mon 03-Aug-09 14:45:28

dh called and it turned out he had left me the wrong card as well as not leaving me the password! It's all sorted now, my food is on its way grin

still feeling grim (have been asleep all dayblush) but at least I won't have to live on lentils (I like lentils, just not over and over again)

thanks for support and making me laugh grin

ipiratethief Mon 03-Aug-09 14:50:13

phew, thank goodness.

I was going to ask you whereabouts in Devon, as I am in Devon. may have been a long shot tho!!

StayFrosty Mon 03-Aug-09 15:39:50

Oh crikey, are you still poorly? I remember another poorly thread of yours from weeks ago. sad hope you well soon.

GoldenSnitch Mon 03-Aug-09 15:56:05

I have memorised my whole card number plus expiry date and security code (well I had to do something with all that wasted brain space when I because a SAHM ) which means that I can at least always order a pizza if I'm stuck grin

And the look of admiration puzzlement on my brother when I ordered the take-out at Center Parcs without moving to fetch my wallet was priceless!

PeachyTheRiverParrettHarlot Mon 03-Aug-09 16:19:19

Greeny <<hugs>>

Were you closer I'd gladly come and tidy for you (though as my boys all swined up p[robably not wise but the thoughts there LOL)

Why didn't I know you were in Devon? Or is it yet another thing i've forgotten (getting scarily sommon)- we spend a lot of time close to you then. I shall wave vaguely into the ether next timer we're down that way.

Greensleeves Mon 03-Aug-09 16:20:53

Peachy do you live in Somerset? We could meet you in Tauton some time, we like Taunton

I'd LOVE to get our ds1s together grin

my shopping has just arrived and I have eaten two packets of smoked ham and a punnet of blueberries [blushblush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now