Talk

Advanced search

Untitled

(25 Posts)
juicyjolly Sun 02-Aug-09 22:43:43

In thinking that mumsnet has become a bit of a bore lately.
Now I dont want to ruffle any feathers here, but when I first started perusing mumsnet there was always something to get your teeth into, a good laugh, a good disagreement going on, or just some interesting chit chat.
Now I notice there seems to be a lot of moaning and general borish conversation.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Were are all the characters that used to bring mumsnet alive with lively chatter?

makipuppy Sun 02-Aug-09 22:47:09

Your post isn't particularly exciting though, is it!

Rindercella Sun 02-Aug-09 22:47:33

YABU for not giving your OP a title. If I knew this was what you were going to witter on about, I wouldn't have bothered.

SecretNinjaChipmunk Sun 02-Aug-09 22:47:57

go on throw us a juicy bone

stubbyfingers Sun 02-Aug-09 22:48:30

it used to be all fields round here as well hmm

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 02-Aug-09 22:49:35

There's a nice bridge over there.

HolyGuacamole Sun 02-Aug-09 22:50:08

Yawn.

juicyjolly Sun 02-Aug-09 22:51:21

No its not exciting at all.
That wasnt really the point though.

Dont really think this post needed a title.
Its is self explanatory really.

mrsboogie Sun 02-Aug-09 22:51:38

did you mean to say boorish? I'm not sure there is such a word as "borish".

/consults dictionary

/feels bored

juicyjolly Sun 02-Aug-09 22:53:58

Aahhh, now it seems that I might not be the only one bored tonight.
Maybe one should only respond to questions etc, when one has something interesting to say.

proverbial Sun 02-Aug-09 22:58:24

1) borish is not a word
and 2) Only boring people are bored.

Why don't you start something interesting yourself instead of waiting for someone else to provide you with entertainment?

mrsboogie Sun 02-Aug-09 23:00:57

maybe one should only start a thread when one has something interesting to say...

pombear Sun 02-Aug-09 23:02:44

yep, miscarriage, special needs support, 'i feel crap', camping, jude law, politics, breastfeeding, feeding, what the hell is going on with my a) baby b) partner c) slow cooker...help I am just about to a) leave my husband b) stain my carpet c) eat my child,

...oh my god I haven't a clue how to a)change a nappy b) climb the nearest mountain c) go back to work whilst stil maintaining a semblance of 'normality' whatever that is.

crap, my a)dh, b)bf c) mil has betrayed me/divorced me/showered me with love...what shall I do?

Yep, boring as hell.

As beauty, they say, it is only in the eye of the beholder. I've 'beholden' it for many years, dipped in and out, as it IS ONLY AN INTERNET FORUM (excuse shouty caps, but it is true!) but it is only an internet forum that has given me support, interest, and validity for the bizarre bits of parenting that I thought were only mine.

Thanks to all those who posted over the many years I've been dipping in and out.

I wonder if the 'rufflng' of feathers is deliberate?

MamaMaiasaura Sun 02-Aug-09 23:07:11

whatever, i posted a boring self absorbed post, and you know what? Some lovely mumsnetters chatted to me and it has made a difference.

And yes you are wanting to ruffle feathers.

pombear Sun 02-Aug-09 23:11:09

Waving at Awen. Careful, you...see, that's the problem of posting on an open site. You feel vulnerable and open to other's criticism.

And whilst you're feeling down (see other thread) you're liable to take extra criticism. Leave this thread...not applicable...someone having a general go, and not at you.

Let's go ruffle some feathers on another thread....hopefully yours...some lovely peacock ones...go on. shake them out awen. They're beautiful, and you've got them, like everyone else. They're just hiding. See you on another thread. ( would send a x, but know it's not mumsnet etiquette, even though you probably need them!)

cheesesarnie Sun 02-Aug-09 23:16:19

pombear i love your postgrinso true!

op-i feel conned.no title so i looked,boring post about being bored.switch off the computer or post something exciting.

i havent spoken to an adult all day and am almost hugging the computer because theres people in it!!!

scottishmummy Sun 02-Aug-09 23:24:18

not leading by example JJ.not witty nor incisive,nor interesting.

and yes you are obviously seeking to stoke up a not as good as the ole days vibe

Sycamoretreeisvile Sun 02-Aug-09 23:27:03

Oh poo off.

Boorish enough?

<snicker, snarf, knows you have not discovered the best ongoing thread on MN ever if you've felt moved to start this one>
t
<in manner of Britany Murphy>

"I'll never tell-ell, I'll never tell-ell"

Rindercella Sun 02-Aug-09 23:27:33

Funny, in another thread she started, juicy was complaining about MNers being bullies and a bunch of vipers. Oh, and she didn't want to ruffle any feathers on that thread either.

Yep, I am that bored that I bothered looking. Time to go to bed.

pombear Sun 02-Aug-09 23:30:35

Spreads wings, takes awen and cheesesarnie under wings and swoops off to more soft and welcoming threads.

Old days, 'schmold days' - witnessed it all. Life is more complex and hard than 'she said, she said' world'. Come on girls, we're swooping on the thermals of 'hello, how are you?' airs.

cheesesarnie Sun 02-Aug-09 23:41:51

ive been swoopedgrin

Jux Sun 02-Aug-09 23:45:06

I'm with Pombear and HolyGuacamole.

Yawn.

KiwiKat Sun 02-Aug-09 23:46:14

You get out of it what you put into it. I've picked up some really good pointers today, worth their weight in gold. Can only hope I can share something valuable in return. Thanks, MNers!

hmc Mon 03-Aug-09 00:24:43

Boorish means rude, ill-mannered and impolite; there is always plenty of that on mumsnet...

Did you mean that, or did you mean boring? Not being a pedant - just not sure what you intended to convey

Tee2072 Mon 03-Aug-09 01:50:26

Man its been ages since a "Remember when MN was good thread"!!

And I was hoping we'd all out grown it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now