Advanced search

To not want to know the intimate details of my mother's love life?

(8 Posts)
dilemma456 Sun 02-Aug-09 22:10:27

Message withdrawn

Paolosgirl Sun 02-Aug-09 22:13:11

YANBU. It's great that she feels you have such a close relationship and that she can confide in you, but some aspects of her other relationships are personal, and should be kept private between the 2 of them imho. Could you have a word with her if it's making you uncomfortable?

juicyjolly Sun 02-Aug-09 22:19:59

I am not sure she was actually discussing her bedroom activities with you or asking you about yours.
Lighten up, it sounds like you have a great relationship with your mum, so enjoy it and thank your lucky stars you have a happy healthy mum!

motherbeyond Sun 02-Aug-09 22:24:36

yanbu at all .couldn't you just laugh and say "whoa,too much information!!"....
my mum once told me my step dad was "a dark horse" re sex ! and i made wretching noises and said that she'd mentally scarred me for life!
depending on what you're relationship is like,you could do something sure she'll get the hint!grin

motherbeyond Sun 02-Aug-09 22:26:00

your relationship..sorry few vodkas!

2rebecca Sun 02-Aug-09 22:27:35

I agree with just saying either "too much information" or "mum, you're my mum, I don't want to hear this stuff" if she starts going on in a joking way.

CarGirl Sun 02-Aug-09 22:28:57

urgh, def a case of "eeeew Mum!!!"

dilemma456 Sun 02-Aug-09 22:29:46

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now