Talk

Advanced search

To not want to know the intimate details of my mother's love life?

(8 Posts)
dilemma456 Sun 02-Aug-09 22:10:27

Message withdrawn

Paolosgirl Sun 02-Aug-09 22:13:11

YANBU. It's great that she feels you have such a close relationship and that she can confide in you, but some aspects of her other relationships are personal, and should be kept private between the 2 of them imho. Could you have a word with her if it's making you uncomfortable?

juicyjolly Sun 02-Aug-09 22:19:59

I am not sure she was actually discussing her bedroom activities with you or asking you about yours.
Lighten up, it sounds like you have a great relationship with your mum, so enjoy it and thank your lucky stars you have a happy healthy mum!

motherbeyond Sun 02-Aug-09 22:24:36

yanbu at all .couldn't you just laugh and say "whoa,too much information!!"....
my mum once told me my step dad was "a dark horse" re sex ! and i made wretching noises and said that she'd mentally scarred me for life!
depending on what you're relationship is like,you could do something similar..am sure she'll get the hint!grin

motherbeyond Sun 02-Aug-09 22:26:00

your relationship..sorry few vodkas!

2rebecca Sun 02-Aug-09 22:27:35

I agree with just saying either "too much information" or "mum, you're my mum, I don't want to hear this stuff" if she starts going on in a joking way.

CarGirl Sun 02-Aug-09 22:28:57

urgh, def a case of "eeeew Mum!!!"

dilemma456 Sun 02-Aug-09 22:29:46

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now