Talk

Advanced search

in wanting to not take my eyes of DS for next 24 hrs

(12 Posts)
Boys2mam Sun 02-Aug-09 19:14:40

My DS2, age 11 months tumbled from the top of the stairs to the bottom sad at about 5.30 this afternoon.

He's fine, a nasty red mark on his forehead, but I called nhsdirect and the nurse gave me a list of symptoms to look for. He's bathed, in bed fast asleep and all I now want to do is go and lie on the floor in front of his cot and not take my eyes off him.

I feel so sick at the thought of what might have happened and fearful for him being asleep.

I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance.

printererror Sun 02-Aug-09 19:18:47

Poor you. Hope he's ok. I would wake him up regularly if you are really worried. Might be a bit cruel, but will give you peace of mind

frimblypoo Sun 02-Aug-09 19:23:05

YANBU I would do the same. Take a book and some snacks and settle in there for the night. Although he will probably be absolutely fine, you are going to worry wherever you are so better off doing it in his room.

Small children are terrible bendy and resiliant. He will have forgotten all about it until the morning

Narketta Sun 02-Aug-09 19:23:46

I can totally relate to how you feel,
my mum fell over in our garden while holding my DD who was only just 1yr at the time. We also called NHS direct who were really helpful and told us to look out for vomiting, over tiredness and seizures.

DD was fine though, I think it scared her more than hurt her but me and DH were terrified incase something happened when she was asleep that night. I know it really shakes you up I felt sick for days just thinking about what could have been!!

Hope you and your DS are both feeling better soon

insertwittynicknameHERE Sun 02-Aug-09 19:24:57

YANBU, I would wake him every so often just to check that he is rouseable IYSWIM.

I hope you and he feel better very soon.

chickbean Sun 02-Aug-09 19:26:38

No. I understand completely. I fell downstairs with my 9 month old and wasn't sure how badly he'd banged his head. I took him to casualty and the doctor said that he looked okay and that it was the best age to fall at, because they don't tense up when they fall. Did they give you a list of things to look out for?

MajorMajor Sun 02-Aug-09 19:31:44

Yanbu. DS1 fell down the stairs at 18months and we took him to hospital, felt a bit sheepish once we got to see the doctor though as he was obviously fine.

We thought he might be worried about going up and down stairs for a while, but no... he had completely forgotten about it in the morning.

Boys2mam Sun 02-Aug-09 19:37:33

chickbean yes I was given a list of things to look for, poor little mite will be sick of me rousing him but I can't wait the 2-3 hrs they advised, its been every 15 mins since he went to sleep blush

Resilient little things, aren't they.

MissSunny Sun 02-Aug-09 23:49:24

Message withdrawn

cheesesarnie Sun 02-Aug-09 23:55:25

i agree tuck him in with you.im sure he'll be fine but its natural to want constant reasurrance!
mine have all had their many tumbles etc-ds1 decided that the roller skates he got for xmas one year must be magic as they were from santa and ended up in a and e early one xmas morning-looking like the boy of the snowman in his tartan pj's!grin-he was fine,just winded.

ds2 loved nothing better than a trip to a and e.i remember him banging his head aged about 18 months and he started vomiting and going to sleep so he was whisked off in an ambulance to the nearest hospital.he then had to stay there for about 8 hours under observation-he was having a grand time playing with the toys!

dd was always soo much less likely to throw herself from anything!grin

hope hes ok!

Boys2mam Mon 03-Aug-09 08:25:00

Little monkey slept the best he has for nights, which was more than can be said for Mammy.

But, he's fine and dandy this morn and flying round like a little loony.

I keep looking at him and feeling sooooo grateful. Thanks for your replies Ladies x

gingernutlover Mon 03-Aug-09 08:39:24

only just seen this and glad to hear he is fine this morning

those kind of things always happen within hours of bedtime don't they!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now