Talk

Advanced search

at being an indecisive bint

(24 Posts)
ridingjoker Sun 02-Aug-09 08:27:33

not an AIBU, more what would you do.

had first date with guy last sunday. very much the gentleman. went out. then back watch dvd at mine. he never tried anything more than some vigorous kissing.

i invite him to do something wed.

he calls to say he's leaving.
5 mins later texts to say his car wont start and he's running late.

then doesn't show to pick me up.

i try to call once then go to bed when no answer.

last night he text
"sorry not been in contact sooner, been unwell"
i ask - "care to expand" (i think or similar words)

to which i get "yeah, will tell you everything when i see you"

so.... what possible reasons could there be? and should i give the chance..

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Sun 02-Aug-09 08:37:13

Give him the chance if he gets in touch - but it had better be good - that sounds lame. I was dumped in that exact manner once - he said he'd call on one day, 2 days later he sees me on msn accidentally (I was home from work) and mutters something about having been 'ill', said he'd call me to explain and the call never came.....

So his reasons could be - debilitating illness involving loss of use of texting fingers - cold feet - ex gf back on the scene - random male freakery that covers a multitude of oddness. Or he's just very lame and forgetful - but do you want a guy like that?

edam Sun 02-Aug-09 08:37:57

Doesn't look good. Whatever happened, he should have called you to apologise. And I can't think of any reasonable excuse for not turning up.

LoveMyGirls Sun 02-Aug-09 08:38:35

I would do this - The next time he wants to meet you tell him you are busy with something that can't be cancelled but say I'll meet you tomorrow for lunch.

ridingjoker Sun 02-Aug-09 08:43:06

kat - i think the most plausible that creeps to mind for me is ex back on scene. i dont know how long he's been split. haven't got as far to ask.

that i could understand if he's honest about it and owns up.not sure if i'd be with someone who might go running back to ex at every opportunity.

he did eventually get up the balls to apologise. but by text hmm and took 3 days hmm, if he was going to dump he wouldn't have bothered at all.

could be keeping his options open though i suppose.

unless of course he got ran over/broke his hand/lost a texting limb while fixing his car and was in hospital from wed night till sunday grin

ridingjoker Sun 02-Aug-09 08:45:48

lovemygirls - i AM always busy, i have cancelled several times before on him blush to get to this far.grin.

proverbial Sun 02-Aug-09 08:48:49

Not exactly a good sign is it? I'd cut and run now if I were you, no point going further with someone that unreliable.

ridingjoker Sun 02-Aug-09 08:53:03

yeah, unreliable i can deal with. ... but its downright rude not to even send a message and say wont be coming anymore on the wed?

LoveMyGirls Sun 02-Aug-09 09:32:19

Maybe he really likes you and is fed up of you always being busy/ cancelling him?

Not mature of him to do this but men can be odd at times. I'd give him chance to explain over lunch if he doesn't have a reason I'd get rid.

ridingjoker Sun 02-Aug-09 09:46:11

sadly lovemygirls this is what comes of being LP with an ex who cancels last min. date had also cancelled once on me as his dd was unwell.... so i doubt this is his problem. he should be understanding that dc come first as he has 1 same age as mine.

but if it is i wont continue seeing him. its not going to work if he gets upset at me putting dc first.

LoveMyGirls Sun 02-Aug-09 09:57:28

Oh that's fair enough smile

Maybe just wait and see if he contacts you again.

ridingjoker Sun 02-Aug-09 12:43:23

<sigh> i've to contact him and tell him when i'm next free. just cant bring myself to decide.

perhaps i should meet.

just so i can tell you lot his excuse grin

Parsleypants Sun 02-Aug-09 13:01:16

He is a rude tosser! Why are you even considering meeting him again? I am a LP as well, seen and heard it all... run like the wind, I tell you. He blew you out on Wednesday without an explanation, then didn't contact you 'til Saturday evening? I think not. Sorry, I don't want to make you feel crap but these lame men make me sooooooo cross. I have no doubt you can do better, sack him now IMO. Needless to say, I am never as decisive and no-nonsense in my own love life and regularly ignore what everyone tells me. wink

ridingjoker Sun 02-Aug-09 13:06:26

i agree he's rude parsley.

but perhaps he needs to be told so grin

winnie09 Mon 03-Aug-09 09:28:19

Parsleypants, I love your style and honesty about yourself grin

ridingjoker, you are going to have to meet him aren't you just so you can report back to mn wink

seriously though, you are very obviously waivering, be cautious.

Devongirl Mon 03-Aug-09 09:42:04

When I used to put up with men treating me like shit, they did.

When I made the decision not to accept it any more, I met my now DH and he had a hard time at the beginning because I didn't cut him any slack at all, but luckily he respected it and stuck around.

If this man's behaviour isn't good enough after the first date then give up and set yourself some higher standards! Sorry if brutal advice but I do believe that if you are a doormat men will wipe their feet on you.

If he is interested he ought to have to work incredibly hard to get back in your good books and if he's not prepared to do that then he's just not that into you - it happens I'm afraid.

ridingjoker Mon 03-Aug-09 09:51:59

winnie i'm waivering as i'm a nosey bugger and want to hear his pathetic excuse.

but i haven't got back to him yet. thinking now i cant be arsed. i have so little free time. why spend some of it listening to crappy excuses.

Parsleypants Tue 04-Aug-09 12:06:13

ridingjoker, have you decided what to do yet? It has been ds's 8th birthday so have been busy... spill!

ridingjoker Tue 04-Aug-09 15:48:02

i'm not seeing him again. blocked him on msn and deleted. haven't ever text him back with when i'm free to meet.

haven't heard from him since this wkd.

kicked to the curb before 2nd date grin

winnie09 Tue 04-Aug-09 15:49:28

ridingjoker, good for you! You deserve better

MorrisZapp Tue 04-Aug-09 15:53:05

Agree 100% with devongirl. After a first date, it should be hearts and flowers not odd excuses and silence.

Spare yourself any further crap - bin him now.

Parsleypants Tue 04-Aug-09 20:24:25

Well done riding - NEXT!!

ridingjoker Tue 04-Aug-09 20:46:32

well... thing is i'm kinda speaking to a few others who i haven't got round to having date with.

today.... had serious fall off horse. hospital. bla bla....... laid up on sofa cant move.

its been really interesting the different males reaction.... 1 of which now wont be getting a date at all now as his reaction was very crap.

so.... think new verdict is only dates for those who seem genuinely concerned and have said they wish i would let them come round and make me tea and toast grin

Parsleypants Wed 05-Aug-09 11:50:01

Oh no yopoor thing, that sounds bloody awful... hope you feel better soon. And too right, kick the crap reaction one into touch - twit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now