Talk

Advanced search

to think that 'pick up' spaces outside supermarkets

(25 Posts)
KayHarkerIsKayHarker Sat 01-Aug-09 19:46:14

aren't parking spaces, even if you're 'just going in for a few bits'.

I'm sick and bloody tired of having to pack my shopping while blocking traffic in the car park because some nubbins are too lazy to park in the plentiful parking spaces just a little bit further from the front door. I'm not talking about disabled spaces, btw.

KayHarkerIsKayHarker Sat 01-Aug-09 20:03:52

*stamps foot*

You all do it, don't you?

KayHarkerIsKayHarker Sat 01-Aug-09 20:08:37

Killing my own threads now. Marvellous.

nickytwotimes Sat 01-Aug-09 20:10:12

Yanbu.

sarah293 Sat 01-Aug-09 20:13:25

Message withdrawn

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sat 01-Aug-09 20:15:58

It is a bit crap.

But there are worse things in life.

KayHarkerIsKayHarker Sat 01-Aug-09 20:20:13

Of course there are worse things. Tsk. There are always worse things than the things posted about in AIBU. 'tis a given. grin

Confuzzeled Sat 01-Aug-09 20:32:11

I nearly got run over by a man trying to park in front of the supermarket the other day.

It has "NO STOPPING" signs right outside the door, then the taxi/pick up drop off area a bit further on.

He almost pulled onto the pavement then made rude signs at me while obviously shouting so I would stand back from the curb.

Being very heavily pregnant I waddled round his car and off back to my car, thinking he was just an arsehole. Cue very very large man and woman parks and both go into the shop.

The carpark was half empty, loads of spaces near the door. I don't understand why people park in places were they're obviously not meant to. In this case it was a dangerous place to park, right next to the pedestrian crossing.

So YANBU, some people are just twunts.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sat 01-Aug-09 20:38:48

"Tsk. There are always worse things than the things posted about in AIBU. 'tis a given."

That's true. Ok, now YANBU. Evil toads.

KayHarkerIsKayHarker Sat 01-Aug-09 20:41:04

Hurray! grin

vjg13 Sat 01-Aug-09 21:17:08

YANBU some people are sooo lazy. I saw an old lady having to be dropped off in a really unsafe place because all these places were taken.

Don't even get me started on people who use the lined off places at the end of rows near the shop as their personal parking spots!

CyradisTheSeer Sat 01-Aug-09 22:26:56

Message withdrawn

daisymaybe Sat 01-Aug-09 22:34:19

oh god the cone-ing! Not strictly relevant, but my next door neighbour uses bins to mark out "their" parking space. There's hardly ever a car there, i think she likes to reserve it just in case someone comes to visit, she doesn't have a one. Sometimes when i'm staggering in the gate with my 80 bags of shopping I accidentally kick one of the flipping bins over. I can't help it, it's the muscle fatigue.

Paolosgirl Sat 01-Aug-09 22:37:58

Some people will not walk the length of themselves - ever. Very annoying (although not life and death as Mary pointed out!) but irritating.

sazm Sat 01-Aug-09 22:59:56

cyradis,our tesco is the same,i do park in it to nip to the cash point,as i prefer to leave the dc in the car while i stop for money,
i would park in a proper space if there were any near the cashpoint,but they are round the other side of the shop,
lazy i suppose,but i prefer that to taking all the dc out and getting the buggy out etc to spend a minute or 2 getting money!

so im sorry if it offends anyone,(but i bet u dont use my tesco anyway lol)

anonandlikeit Sat 01-Aug-09 23:29:23

I don't get pick up spaces at all???? Who are they for???? and why do they ahve to be outside the front door?? so I have to try to negotiate people in the pick up bays, & then dodge the cars overtaking the cars parked in the pick up bays?????

Sorry just don't get it at all, put the taxi rank or pick up bays over in the far corner of the car park & then they inconvenience nobody.

sazm Sat 01-Aug-09 23:42:40

yep a taxi parking area would be good at ours anyway,
the bus stop at ours is a fair walk (esp for older dears with a trolley full,accross the road and up the hill,plus no trolley park there so they really should carry it up there?)
pick up spot right outside the shop door,MUCH closer than the disabled spaces!

anonandlikeit Sat 01-Aug-09 23:46:23

But WHY do they ahve to be outside the front door causing bloody chaos & blocking the road?

Put them away from the front door, lazy bastards won't abuse them therefore leaving them empty for those people genuinely just being picked up... everyones happy!!

sazm Sun 02-Aug-09 00:22:37

ours isn't outside the front door,its round the side of te shop,beside the cash machine,thats why i park there to nip for money!
thats it,if our bus stop is a decent walk away,why can't the pick up spot be too?

mayorquimby Sun 02-Aug-09 11:35:30

" but my next door neighbour uses bins to mark out "their" parking space"

nothing is more guarenteed to get me to park in a space than someone trying to mark off public road as their own.

Paolosgirl Sun 02-Aug-09 14:03:29

I would mark out my space if I lived near my childrens' schools. There are plenty of parents who think nothing of parking across residents driveways - in that instance I would be the first out with my bin in the morning grin

UnquietDad Sun 02-Aug-09 14:06:18

There are worse things.... e.g. the lazy childless parking in P&T spaces....

sazm Sun 02-Aug-09 14:20:54

oh u dont want to start with that lol,that drives me (and everyone else i think) MAD

i would NEVER park in one of those spaces if i didnt have my dc with me,

our tesco seems to have lots of parents going shopping alone,but since they have a carseat in the car they park in a p&t space as they are closer,either that or they park in one,leave kids in the car and run in.

Paolosgirl Sun 02-Aug-09 14:27:46

I really don't get that idea that as long as you have a car seat you can use the P and T spaces - you would think that other parents know how great these spaces are, and how appreciated they are by parents who have young children with them, but no...

And what about the parents with teenagers or older children who use them? What's that all about?!

sazm Sun 02-Aug-09 14:37:58

lol,yup tis very annoying,
that annoys me more than some random person parking there who doesnt really understand that these spaces are really for people with small kids,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now